On-line save games and new episode question - probably for kexter

Download the game, or support requests. Also a link to the bug tracker.
JFR
BEW Community Manager

On-line save games and new episode question - probably for kexter

Post by JFR » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:40 pm

I think I know the answer to this but want to be sure. When the new episode is available and downloaded to our local machine, will we need to "Import" saves and achievements or can we just start it up with "on-line features" enabled and have that info picked up automatically? I never play on-line, preferring to play local but I know the on-line server stores saved info. I'm just not sure about starting up a new version with past data intact.

A bit embarrassed to ask such a basic question since I am so vociferous on the forum but I actually only started playing with V. 1.5.
:oops:

kexter
Developer / Moderator

Re: On-line save games and new episode question - probably for kexter

Post by kexter » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:01 pm

There are several possible scenarios.

a) You download a new episode and extract it to the same place where you have the previous episode on your computer (overwriting the existing content).
In this case the game will pick up your saves and achievements regardless of whether you're playing with the online features enabled or not.

b) You download a new episode, you extract it to a separate directory, and you don't enable the online features.
In this scenario, you'll have to manually export and then import your saves and achievements.

c) If you're playing the game with the online features enabled and you're logged in on this forum.
Then the game will sync your data automatically, regardless of where you have the game on your computer.

Keeping all this in mind, I'd still advise everyone to export their saves and achievements just in case something goes wrong. It's always nice to have a backup tucked away somewhere safe.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:26 pm

Thanks. That is pretty much what I thought. I have to admit that, being a tad insecure, I have exported saves and achievements in 3 separate places on my laptop. :lol:

jeyangel

Post by jeyangel » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:31 pm

Hello everyone,

For beginning, sorry for my bad english: I'm French.

I have a (probably not isolated) problem: I really can't continue after what I suppose beeing the intro.

I can't date Jamine, or go to 3rd day.

I downloaded, erased and downloaded again, from the site (link of this forum), the ep6 version and patch.

I tried with and without patch, but nothing to do: I'm stuck in the intro, so...

What can I do please?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:19 am

Duplicate.
Last edited by JFR on Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:28 am

jeyangel wrote:Hello everyone,

For beginning, sorry for my bad english: I'm French.

I have a (probably not isolated) problem: I really can't continue after what I suppose beeing the intro.

I can't date Jamine, or go to 3rd day.

I downloaded, erased and downloaded again, from the site (link of this forum), the ep6 version and patch.

I tried with and without patch, but nothing to do: I'm stuck in the intro, so...

What can I do please?
First, welcome to the board. I hope you have found the version of the game in French. :)

There is no need to download any version of the game except v.6. That includes all other versions and patches. You most likely have the complete game - so far - but there will be many additional episodes released in the future. Don't delete your game. You have everything that is available up until now.

The game is not complete so there are some actions you cannot take. Dating Jasmine is not possible yet. It will become possible in future episodes. When you get to a point where you might be about to ask Jasmine out, you should create a "Save Game" so you can continue that pathway in the future. Likewise, proceeding on to the 3rd day is not yet possible.

So far, the game only includes 1-1/2 days of what will eventually be a full week. Each new episode will add more time to the game and the last episode will finish up the whole week. That last episode is probably well over a year away. As of this release, you can only proceed up to Thursday evening in the game and wait for the next release, expected in November, to go any further. Make many "Save-Games" to save your progress with the different story-lines and different girls. You can meet and start getting to know your business partner Emily, the office intern Jasmine, the bartender Faith, stripper Natalie, stripper Azumi and the mystery girl at the coffee bar (you will eventually learn that her name is Serenthia.) There will be 2 more girls to meet later in the game.

The episodes released so far introduce a lot of story but only include sexy scenes with Emily, Faith or Natalie and there are several different possibilities with each. There will be others in the future but as of right now, you cannot reach any such scenes with Jasmine, Azumi or the mystery girl. We expect that the player will eventually have the chance to date all 8 of the girls, with varying levels of success. Doing well with one might eliminate some or all of the others. You might find that the mystery story will be as important as "getting" any of the girls.

Keep working on the game. There are many, MANY different stories to follow and we don't yet know which will lead to future happiness. Try them all and save your progress in each to continue later, when the new episodes are released.

Hope this short explanation helps you to understand the huge story world you have entered with Brad's Erotic Week. The game can be habit forming. Many of us have tried - and saved - dozens of different game options. I have over 50 "Save Games" and that number will grow as new episodes are released. :lol:

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:26 am

JFR wrote:Each new episode will add more time to the game and the last episode will finish up the whole week. That last episode is probably well over a year away.
It might be more accurate to say welllllllllllllllllllllllll over a year away . 8-)

Somewhere on this board Wolfschadowe plotted out the next few episodes, to get us to Friday afternoon, and that (Friday Afternoon) is two years away. The final Tuesday episode? Decade minimum. :D

jeyangel

Post by jeyangel » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Ok Thanks,

So, if I understood well...episode 6 only cover 2 days...?

I'm happy to discover that I actually have all the game (so far).

About Jasmine, i'm not hurry of beeing able to dating her: I finally see her like my spiritual daugther.... (maybe identifiate to Brad a few too much. lol)

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:50 pm

jeyangel wrote:... So, if I understood well...episode 6 only cover 2 days...? ...
Almost correct. :)

Actually, you downloaded Version 1.6.4, which contains Episodes 1 through 6. All of those episodes happen on Wednesday and Thursday, so a little less than 2 days.

The next episode, which is 7, will add more story and game play to Wednesday and Thursday by increasing the characters and interactions with Azumi, Jasmine and Serenthia and laying the groundwork for even more new characters. When we finish Episode 7, due out in November, we will still only be on Thursday night. :lol: Later episodes will finish Thursday and we will only move on to Friday several more episodes from now. That is why we joke about BEW being a very loooong process. It will take a few years to finish.

I don't think there is any problem answering your questions in this thread but you might have some luck finding someone to answer in French if you start a new thread with a question in the other section below, titled Localization Discussion and Non-English Threads. Don't feel pressured, some of us "old-timers" are happy to answer questions in English but there are some staff translators who speak French.

jeyangel

Post by jeyangel » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:12 pm

Oh yes of course, I meant episode 1 to 6.

Ok, so I suppose I have to date in same places several times before next episodes... lol

I've seen french part of this forum, but didn't know if staff spoke French? Now that I know, it indeed will be easyer to ask something...If I have more questions.