I have a bug, where are the files?

Download the game, or support requests. Also a link to the bug tracker.
Zakk Topps

I have a bug, where are the files?

Post by Zakk Topps » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:32 am

So I have a bug in my game where Faith and Emily have been renamed April in all scenes. I tried restarting the game, deleting cookies from Chrome, deleting all the downloaded files, and finally searching my harddrive for all files with BEW and deleting those. Didn't do a thing. When I redownload the game and start it up, all my saves are still there and Emily is named April in the very first office scene. I don't know what else to do. There must be other corrupted files out there but I don't know how to find them so I can start fresh.

I'm pretty frustrated at the moment and would appreciate some advice. :(

Zakk.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Re: I have a bug, where are the files?

Post by JFR » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:26 am

If you exported saves, they will be in your "Downloads" folder, with a .json extension. That's all I've got. If that isn't it, you'll need to wait for help from Wolfschadowe or Kexter. Character names of "April" is just weird. There is no April in the game that I know of.

Zakk Topps

Post by Zakk Topps » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:40 am

Yeah, I just started the game, so I haven't got past the first day yet. I was trying to poke around and see if I could figure something out and found no instances of April in the game. It is very bizarre that now ALL the women in my game are named April. Where did that name come from?

Anyways, thanks for trying JFR, I appreciate the help. Hopefully somebody has an answer for me soon. Everything was working fine and I was enjoying the game, and now I'm stuck until I can get this sorted. :|

Zakk.

snuff9339

Post by snuff9339 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:56 am

it's april fools day

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:05 am

You're right, but not until tomorrow. If someone jumped the gun, it isn't funny.
Last edited by JFR on Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zakk Topps

Post by Zakk Topps » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:06 am

snuff9339 wrote:it's april fools day

Doh!! Now I feel stupid. I just started the game and thought I broke something, but that never occurred to me. (Technically it's still March here.)

I was actually coming to post that I found a solution. If you change the language and then set it back to English, that worked for me. :mrgreen: But, I guess since it's not a bug, if you got played as bad as me, you should probably smack yourself upside the head once before doing so.

Zakk.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:12 am

Yup, just happened to me, too. I hadn't actually played the game in weeks, since I finished everything to date. It still bugs me that this - I don't know - Easter egg, triggered too early. Oh, well. I usually have a sense of humor but this time ... :(

EDIT: Ok, now that I have had a minute to calm down, I guess it was funny. And It IS April 1 in the time zones to the east of mine so I guess I can appreciate the joke. I just hate being made to feel silly. Of course, we have a certain Game Developer/Administrator who really likes his evil little pranks and twists. I guess we can give him a pass since he is giving us such a great game and supporting it so well. :P

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:04 pm

It fired off of UTC, so those along the prime meridian, who are NOT on Daylight Savings time had it fire perfectly. :)

End time will also be based on UTC.

In this particular instance....I'm not sorry for any inconvenience. :twisted: :twisted: