Images not displaying (Ep4-Patch)

Download the game, or support requests. Also a link to the bug tracker.
swedishtorpedo

Images not displaying (Ep4-Patch)

Post by swedishtorpedo » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:16 pm

Just downloaded the patch, copied (and overwrote) program files for Ep4 and the in-game images do not display. I am literally looking at a blank background when attempting to play through a new game. I've attempted trying to run the game purely from the patch files as well and encounter the same issue. I've reverted back to the Ep4 pre-patch files but I thought I'd post promptly since the patch just went up a few hours prior to this writing.

Browsers: Opera v33.0.1990.115 / Chrome v46.0.2490.86 (64-bit)
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.11.1 64-bit
Image Link

[spoiler="Completely unrelated"]Just noticed the reflection in the door today[/spoiler]

kexter
Developer / Moderator

Re: Images not displaying (Ep4-Patch)

Post by kexter » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:57 pm

swedishtorpedo wrote:Just downloaded the patch, copied (and overwrote) program files for Ep4 and the in-game images do not display.
There was a problem a few months back where the overwriting-part was not working as expected on Mac. Check the directories to see if the images are actually there. Looking at your picture there should be *.jpg images under "Files/Base/d1office/Images/" for example.

swedishtorpedo

Post by swedishtorpedo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:59 am

Actually on closer inspection, the /Images/ folder is missing from almost ALL of the patch folders. This goes back to Wolfschadowe's loss of the some of the image files I'm guessing? I recall reading that the several had been accidentally overwritten at some point :(

For some reason, there were only 2 images found in the patch files: Files/ESCS/n1stripclub/Images (n1clubnic025 & n1clubnic025a)

After selectively overwriting the old page files (*.htm) with the new patch files, the game appears to be working normally once again. Thanks for pointing out the known issue to me kexter!

Feedback on the redesign: Navigation feels more fluid. Although I originally didn't like the smaller image sizing, I like the overall interface better than the previous iteration. Kind of miss the chart from the previous main menu screen, but I understand that it's probably difficult to code for every possible relationship :)

kexter
Developer / Moderator

Post by kexter » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:38 am

swedishtorpedo wrote:The game appears to be working normally once again.
Okay, I'm glad you could resolve it.
swedishtorpedo wrote:This goes back to Wolfschadowe's loss of the some of the image files I'm guessing?
Well, as far as I understand, that was actually a search-and-replace gone wrong that actually overwrote data in the original JPEG files. It was before I joined the project so I don't know the exact details.
swedishtorpedo wrote:Kind of miss the chart from the previous main menu screen (...)
The score-chart will return in a re-purposed role.

Caesar21

Post by Caesar21 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:14 pm

I'm currently experiencing the same problem but on my firefox browser and my Opera browser both of which are up to date. I'm running Windows 7 The files are all there in the folders but when I click on them all I get is a dark screen. The interactive options and user interface menus are all there but none of the images.

Any suggestions?

kexter
Developer / Moderator

Post by kexter » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:37 pm

Caesar21 wrote:I'm currently experiencing the same problem (...)
Are you absolutely positive that the images are actually there in the "Images" folders? For example, the previously mentioned "Files/Base/d1office/Images/" folder should contain a bunch of *.jpg files.

Just to be clear, you need the full Ep4 package before you can apply the patch. First extract the full Ep4 package (http://bew.rocks/bewep4) then extract the patch (http://bew.rocks/bewep4patch) in the same directory overwriting the already existing files. You'll know that you've done it right if you have a "patchnotes.txt" next to the "readme.txt".

Caesar21

Post by Caesar21 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:09 pm

Ah! I see what I was doing wrong. I just did a proper extraction and now it's working perfectly. Thanks. Great game, can't wait for next installment.