Wednesday Evening Apartment Troubles

You know...hints...and tips. No Walkthroughs or direct answers are permitted here. Wolfschadowe and the moderators will be merciless on this topic to prevent outright spoilers to protect those just looking for tips.
graymatter

Wednesday Evening Apartment Troubles

Post by graymatter » Sun May 13, 2018 5:45 am

Hello all, I know I'm way behind the curve here, but I actually just found this game a week ago. Super cool and loving the path complexity, however I have some paths I just cannot figure out.

I know all the hints are supposedly in the hints thread (so I must be dense!) but for the life of me I cannot get either Natalie pants cum or the non-3-pillow dance contest endings.

I can get 3-pillows if I get the "special kiss" in the taxi, but any dance-related path I take without the "kiss" leaves me too excited to get past the first round or two. Similarly, if I choose to leave my pants on, I always end on Azumi's first turn.

I have tried modifying pre-taxi, during taxi, and post-taxi. For some reason, if Brad doesn't get the "special kiss" he's too worked up to last in any of the apartment games. Can anyone give me specific assistance on how to get Nat pants cum 1/2 and the Natalie angry path?

THANKS!

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Re: Wednesday Evening Apartment Troubles

Post by JFR » Mon May 14, 2018 2:44 am

I am thinking about how I can answer this while still staying within the re-established forum rules about excessively broad hints. We went way overboard trying to get folks through Episode 7 after it was released because it was unusually complicated. Wolfschadowe put the rules back in place when we decided that everything had been covered within the relaxed hint format. All of the achievements really are there. Some are just a bit more hidden than others.

There are three (maybe more) threads in this section that address one or more of your problem areas - "Help with New Release" by Ye Olde Farte, "Need Help Wrapping Up Wednesday" by Scabbard and the main "Hints and Tips ..." thread started by me. You may find a helpful hint in any of the three. In particular, the section of the hints thread starting on page 10/11, started by Gamehelp references some of your questions. I recapped it again in my next-to-last post at the end of that thread, just before Wolf shut it down. I know you said you read the thread, but please look through it again. It really is all there.

In particular, note the need to "get caught" with your finger in the wrong place during the cab ride from The Club to trigger the later alternate path through the dance contest in the Apartment. That is key. I practically walked everyone through that at the end of the thread. You must avoid that occurrence to reach the canon path with the "best" 3-way endings. On the other hand, you cannot reach the alternate endings (such as Natalie Angry and others) unless you go down that path.

If you just can't find it after trying everything, note that Wolfschadowe is open to looking through a debug file of your progress and pointing out where you got off track. You would do that via a Private Message to him with specifics of what you just can't find and a debug file from your progress to where you get stumped. He made that offer to Gamehelp near the last couple of pages in the Hints thread. This should be a last resort when you are out of options but he really does like helping players who are enjoying his game. A response might take a few days as he is deep into finishing the next episode. He does check the forum and his messages.

graymatter

Post by graymatter » Mon May 14, 2018 3:01 am

JFR wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:44 am
I am thinking about how I can answer this while still staying within the re-established forum rules about excessively broad hints. We went way overboard trying to get folks through Episode 7 after it was released because it was unusually complicated. Wolfschadowe put the rules back in place when we decided that everything had been covered within the relaxed hint format. All of the achievements really are there. Some are just a bit more hidden than others.

There are three (maybe more) threads in this section that address one or more of your problem areas - "Help with New Release" by Ye Olde Farte, "Need Help Wrapping Up Wednesday" by Scabbard and the main "Hints and Tips ..." thread started by me. You may find a helpful hint in any of the three. In particular, the section of the hints thread starting on page 10/11, started by Gamehelp references some of your questions. I recapped it again in my next-to-last post at the end of that thread, just before Wolf shut it down. I know you said you read the thread, but please look through it again. It really is all there.

In particular, note the need to "get caught" with your finger in the wrong place during the cab ride from The Club to trigger the later alternate path through the dance contest in the Apartment. That is key. I practically walked everyone through that at the end of the thread. You must avoid that occurrence to reach the canon path with the "best" 3-way endings. On the other hand, you cannot reach the alternate endings (such as Natalie Angry and others) unless you go down that path.

If you just can't find it after trying everything, note that Wolfschadowe is open to looking through a debug file of your progress and pointing out where you got off track. You would do that via a Private Message to him with specifics of what you just can't find and a debug file from your progress to where you get stumped. He made that offer to Gamehelp near the last couple of pages in the Hints thread. This should be a last resort when you are out of options but he really does like helping players who are enjoying his game. A response might take a few days as he is deep into finishing the next episode. He does check the forum and his messages.
Thanks for the info. So you can "get caught" and still go to the kitchen at Brad's apartment? When I get caught it automatically directs to the living room. What is the trigger to go to the kitchen versus the living room?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon May 14, 2018 4:50 am

graymatter wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:01 am
... When I get caught it automatically directs to the living room. ...
If this happens, it means you missed something way back in the taxi, near the beginning of that scene. You went too far.
spoiler: show

graymatter

Post by graymatter » Mon May 14, 2018 11:06 am

JFR wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:50 am
graymatter wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:01 am
... When I get caught it automatically directs to the living room. ...
If this happens, it means you missed something way back in the taxi, near the beginning of that scene. You went too far.
OK, one more question I guess. I have read all the posts you mentioned, so I'm starting to write myself off as a complete dunce!

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon May 14, 2018 10:57 pm

I will send you a PM so I can discuss some things that would be too revealing for this public thread.

I also want to make sure that you have explored the other - main - paths through Day 1 at the Club. The Taxi/Apartment route is only one way through that scene and many would argue it is not even the most important one. What I think of as more important is the path that does not involve going for a private dance with Azumi but rather takes Brad in another direction. There is a LOT of content starting Day 1 at the Club that does not involve a taxi ride. Have you seen the Natalie Private Dance, the local Diner or the local College Campus?

Don't let yourself get too obsessed with finding the last achievement in one path to the exclusion of the larger story. Maybe playing something different and coming back to what you are missing later would give you a fresh look.

graymatter

Post by graymatter » Tue May 15, 2018 1:28 pm

JFR wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:57 pm
I will send you a PM so I can discuss some things that would be too revealing for this public thread.

I also want to make sure that you have explored the other - main - paths through Day 1 at the Club. The Taxi/Apartment route is only one way through that scene and many would argue it is not even the most important one. What I think of as more important is the path that does not involve going for a private dance with Azumi but rather takes Brad in another direction. There is a LOT of content starting Day 1 at the Club that does not involve a taxi ride. Have you seen the Natalie Private Dance, the local Diner or the local College Campus?

Don't let yourself get too obsessed with finding the last achievement in one path to the exclusion of the larger story. Maybe playing something different and coming back to what you are missing later would give you a fresh look.
Thanks for the assistance! I have done most/all of the other things you mentioned. The anal completionist in me is working through the harder/more obscure achievements, so that's why I'm fixating on this path at the moment. I'll check your PM and we can go from there. Thanks again.