Need help wrapping up Wednesday

You know...hints...and tips. No Walkthroughs or direct answers are permitted here. Wolfschadowe and the moderators will be merciless on this topic to prevent outright spoilers to protect those just looking for tips.
scabbard

Need help wrapping up Wednesday

Post by scabbard » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi all --

I'm three achievements away from wrapping up Wednesday and unlocking the second bonus scene, and need some tips—I've tried a number of things that seem logical yet the combinatorial possibilities and opportunities to mis-step early in the game are thwarting me.

* finger fail: I understand that the idea is to anger Natalie by fooling around Azumi, but haven't quite gotten something right—I always seem to get the good kiss, bad kiss, or just reach the apartment instead.

* ending: brad loses: I feel as though I've "lost" the at home apartment activities several times, including announcing that Natalie and Azumi have won, yet apparently never in a way that unlocks this achievement.

* activity: azumi wins: Similarly, I've been in the position where I've proclaimed Azumi the winner, but apparently she hasn't won enough. What am I missing?

I know Wolfschadowe has said before not to be obsessive about the achievements system, but it's a really great way to make sure you've seen most of the main storylines, and also is the prescribed way to unlock the bonus scenes, so I'm going for it. At this point, though, I've trod similar paths so many times without success that I'm needing a nudge in the right directions.

Thanks!
-Scabbard

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: Need help wrapping up Wednesday

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:20 pm

scabbard wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:00 pm
but it's a really great way to make sure you've seen most of the main storylines
That's the primary purpose, to let you know if there's more to see in the game or not.
scabbard wrote:
finger fail
Well, consider this in the cab...
spoiler: show
scabbard wrote:
brad loses:
Well, initially it might feel like a win at home...
scabbard wrote:
activity: azumi wins:
If you get to choose who wins, then no matter what Brad chooses, he's the true winner...

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Just to add a bit - I assume you have looked completely through the "hint threads" in this forum? One of your questions is addressed in a thread several down from here titled "Help with New Release" by Ye Olde Farte. The others are covered, at least tangentially, in the main sticky thread "Episode 7 Start - Hints and Suggestions." I know you are not new here and so assume you have read both. Sometimes we can get so involved in an issue that we look right at an answer and still do not notice it. :lol:

Hopefully, what Wolf provided above and what was posted in the old threads is enough to get you "unstuck." If not, one of us will try to find another little "nudge."

scabbard

Post by scabbard » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:39 am

Thanks for the tips Wolfschadowe. I tried starting with this one:
Wolfschadowe wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:20 pm
scabbard wrote:
activity: azumi wins:
If you get to choose who wins, then no matter what Brad chooses, he's the true winner...
It may or may not be related, but I find that many times when I review my day, I get the message saying that I've broken the review feature. It didn't seem like I was doing anything weird, though, so I assumed this was probably a known issue.

Thanks again,
-Scabbard

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:22 am

Ok, I see what is happening now. We may have given you a bit of a false trail.

The achievement you are looking for is not part of the 3-way decision that Brad makes in what has been called the "3-pillows" endings. It is part of another path. I discussed that one and gave some pretty broad hints in the "sticky" hints and suggestions thread above. On my monitor, it is in page 11 of that thread but your display may segment pages differently. It is in a series of posts with member "gamehelp", starting on Monday, December 18. I pretty much gave a walk-thru for that achievement. You need to get to the point where
The broken recap function is known and being addressed for the next release. For now, I'd just suggest not viewing the recaps until it is fixed.