Help with Emily on Day 2 in the Office.

You know...hints...and tips. No Walkthroughs or direct answers are permitted here. Wolfschadowe and the moderators will be merciless on this topic to prevent outright spoilers to protect those just looking for tips.
botc76

Help with Emily on Day 2 in the Office.

Post by botc76 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:20 am

Hi,

I know this is just to be for hints and tips, but I do have a pretty specific problem.
I'm following the walkthrough for the Emily path in the wiki and obviously there's something wrong with it as in the office on day 2 some stuff that is in the path can't be triggered. For one, I can't get the extended Jasmine scene to start that is described in the walkthrough and number 2, despite getting all points for Emily I can get according to the walkthrough I'm missing one point for a test when
spoiler: show
Can anybody who knows the walkthrough (or knows the scene well enough to get where the walkthrough is wrong when looking at it) point me into the direction were I can get that missing point?

Crane
Not-so-Newbie

Re: Help with Emily on Day 2 in the Office.

Post by Crane » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:06 am

Sorry but the Admin just made it clear "no more big spoilers".

But since you're going for the "max points path" i think the "missing point" is either in the last part of the bar scene or in the Thursday Office scene. But more probably in the office.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:30 am

botc76 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:20 am
... Can anybody who knows the walkthrough (or knows the scene well enough to get where the walkthrough is wrong when looking at it) point me into the direction were I can get that missing point?
It has been a very long time since I played that scene but I am sure there is nothing wrong with Deus's walkthrough. That is, assuming it hasn't changed since the new inclusion content was added. It worked just fine for the scene you are describing back when I tested it.

Without seeing what you have done, I can only guess but
spoiler: show

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:43 am

The save i have for the end of Day 1 that allows me to reach that ending has Emily on 49 and Faith on 43, with reputation at 14. That results from the option with Emily doing the dirty in the bar.

That ending is also reachable following the double team in the bar and my save for that has Emily on 48 and Faith on 45, with reputation 14, and you can go through any route on the new Jasmine Inclusions.

It might be a problem with my save files, but in researching this, i have identified a potential bug, which i have reported.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:13 am

Just to clarify, Asking for help is perfectly fine, and giving as much or little help via PM is equally fine. :D

Brocho

Post by Brocho » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:43 pm

The guide on the wiki tells you at the bottom of each page what your points should be at that point. Did your points match that all the way up to failing the points check? Maybe there's a discrepancy between the version on the wiki and the one on DEL's blog.

botc76

Post by botc76 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:53 pm

I have exactly the number of points mentioned in the walkthrough when I leave the bar, so it has to be in the office, but for the live of me I can't find where I go wrong.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:40 pm

botc76 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:53 pm
I have exactly the number of points mentioned in the walkthrough when I leave the bar, so it has to be in the office, but for the live of me I can't find where I go wrong.
While attempting to replicate your problem, I found what may be a continuity bug that I've never seen before. It seems to be something new just since the Jasmine Inclusion.

Give me some time to look into it and discuss it with Wolfschadowe. That may take some time so have patience. This MAY not be your fault, I'm not sure. One of us will post back when we know more.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:14 am

Just to update, other testers have also found this issue and a Bug Report has been filed. We're working on it.

By way of explanation, it seems a problem may have been created in older game paths when the new episode was released. We tested the new release extensively. I can't speak for other testers but I for one did not go back and retest older paths from earlier episodes. That may have been an oversight as we always have new players coming on-board who are playing the game from the beginning or starting from older save-games. :oops:

A lot of work was put in on this "inclusion episode" to assure it did not "break" older save-games or invalidate older paths through the game. I think the guys did a very good job on that but we may have found an exception here.

More to come as we know it.

ADD: Bug being tracked. Those who are interested can follow -

Issue #245