Episode 7 start - hints and suggestions

You know...hints...and tips. No Walkthroughs or direct answers are permitted here. Wolfschadowe and the moderators will be merciless on this topic to prevent outright spoilers to protect those just looking for tips.
gamehelp

Re: Episode 7 start - hints and suggestions

Post by gamehelp » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:55 pm

Hi JFR --

Thanks for your response. With more logging of options selected by me along the way, I got back to the ending. Your input helped me to understand why.

However, . . .
spoiler: show
Thanks again !!

philly4life

Post by philly4life » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:55 pm

Trying to figure out how to get the "3 pillow" ending, what are the key steps in the cab/apartment that lead to it?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

getawesome

Post by getawesome » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:10 pm

philly4life wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:55 pm
Trying to figure out how to get the "3 pillow" ending, what are the key steps in the cab/apartment that lead to it?

Thanks and keep up the great work!
Without completely giving it away... After hours of testing different things, some of the key steps that make or break 3 pillows as far as I know.
^ this isn't a walkthrough, but I have compiled one for people that have continued to struggle and can't seem to find it. I won't post it in here in a spoiler, but if it's allowed, I can send it in a message. Though it's so much more satisfying figuring it out.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:24 pm

philly4life wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:55 pm
Glad you are enjoying the game. :)

That particular ending requires getting both girls "interested." It is pretty simple to get one or the other but tricky to do both.

gamehelp

Post by gamehelp » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:23 pm

Hmmm . . .

Feeling a little sheepish right now -- what I call the Brad Odd Man Out ending (pants off with Natalie and Azumi - on same path as WhoWon and AngryNatalie) actually was actually pretty simple. As is sometimes the case, I was looking for a more complicated solution, which is why I couldn't get there.

Thanks again for the help . . .

gamehelp

Post by gamehelp » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi --

I've tried to very carefully follow the able advice in this forum, but still can't get Activity: Azumi Wins or Pants - Natalie Cum 2. I understand that both are on the KP path and can easily get there, have met points thresholds along the way and have carefully set commonly discussed mood triggers.

No luck tho ... Starting to wonder if my achievements file is corrupt.

Any ideas welcome ...

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:50 pm

gamehelp wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:06 pm
I've tried to very carefully follow the able advice in this forum, but still can't get Activity: Azumi Wins ...
Actually, that is not where you seem to think it is. (Big Spoilers)
I'll have to look for your other one.

gamehelp

Post by gamehelp » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:47 pm

Hi JFR --

Thanks for such a speedy response. What you say make sense intellectually, but ...
Ugghhh... What am I missing ?!?!?!?! i'm quite sure it's something obvious and I'm blind to it from so many attempts . . .

Thanks so much :-) . . .

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:54 pm

gamehelp wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:06 pm
- Natalie Cum 2. I understand that both are on the KP path and can easily get there, have met points thresholds along the way and have carefully set commonly discussed mood triggers.
There are several things that impact this one.

Crane
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Crane » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:57 pm

gamehelp wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:47 pm
Hi JFR --

Thanks for such a speedy response. What you say make sense intellectually, but ...
Ugghhh... What am I missing ?!?!?!?! i'm quite sure it's something obvious and I'm blind to it from so many attempts . . .

Thanks so much :-) . . .
You seem a little distracted. Azumi Wins is "almost the same" as

gamehelp

Post by gamehelp » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:08 pm

Hi JFR --

Distracted, don't think so, but maybe. Frustrated and a bit exasperated, for sure.

I've gotten the result for Azumi Wins as you describe it -- it's just not reflected in my Achievements. Hence, my wonder about whether my Achievements file is corrupted. I figured it out days ago by generating exactly the result you describe -- no change tho to my Achievements -- still has a blank check-box next to Activity: Azumi Wins.

Thanks again . . .

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:30 pm

gamehelp wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:08 pm
-- it's just not reflected in my Achievements. Hence, my wonder about whether my Achievements file is corrupted. I figured it out days ago by generating exactly the result you describe -- no change tho to my Achievements -- still has a blank check-box next to Activity: Azumi Wins.
Did you continue all the way to the end of the scene? Some of those achievements won't be credited until you finish the scene and start Thursday Morning at the coffee run. If you finished it as listed and still don't see the achievement, it may be a bug.

gamehelp

Post by gamehelp » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:04 pm

Hi JFR --

Yes, I continue to the Thursday Coffee Run each time I complete a path . . . I don't complete the Coffee run, but I do go to the point where I'm crossing the street. I'll try progressing a bit further, but all the other achievements have posted by going to that point, so I'm pretty sure I'm going far enough . . .

Thanks again . . . I'll let you know what happens once I do a clean reinstall with a fresh Achievements file.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:52 pm

JFR wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:30 pm
gamehelp wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:08 pm
-- it's just not reflected in my Achievements. Hence, my wonder about whether my Achievements file is corrupted. I figured it out days ago by generating exactly the result you describe -- no change tho to my Achievements -- still has a blank check-box next to Activity: Azumi Wins.
Did you continue all the way to the end of the scene? Some of those achievements won't be credited until you finish the scene and start Thursday Morning at the coffee run. If you finished it as listed and still don't see the achievement, it may be a bug.
It's not a bug: it's part of a tidying up process that is pretty standard practice for an episodic game (or any well-structured game for that matter).

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:27 pm

gamehelp wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:04 pm
Thanks again . . . I'll let you know what happens once I do a clean reinstall with a fresh Achievements file.
My suggestion is to follow the path you know works to the decision point for the "3-pillow ending." At that point, make a save file and proceed. If it doesn't fire, go back and try again but create a Bug Report after you finish that path again. The "longer" the bug report the better. One that shows the exact path you took from the start of the episode to the ending that didn't return an achievement as expected will help Wolf or Kexter figure out what went wrong or - more likely - where you went off track. You don't have to actually file the report if it isn't needed but having it makes it a lot easier to track down problems. Back when I was just a player, I sent one in and Wolf was able to get back to me with the exact point I missed something. :lol: