Episode 7 start - hints and suggestions

You know...hints...and tips. No Walkthroughs or direct answers are permitted here. Wolfschadowe and the moderators will be merciless on this topic to prevent outright spoilers to protect those just looking for tips.
JFR
BEW Community Manager

Re: Episode 7 start - hints and suggestions

Post by JFR » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:54 pm

Crane wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:37 pm
... I finally got more than a lapdance on the club... but i`m far from reaching the scenes on the cab so eventualy i miss the good stuff in Brad`s home too.

Now i think the problem starts in the club. Because there is a hint that
spoiler: show
. I think this part screws up the cab scene and so on.
So what i`m doing wrong here.
I think you are getting lost in too many options. :D

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:55 pm

Crane wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:37 pm
... i`m far from reaching the scenes on the cab so eventualy i miss the good stuff in Brad`s home too.
To get to the cab...

Crane
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Crane » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:25 pm

JFR wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:54 pm
I`ve finished the club "litle adventure". I`m on the cab part. About J. is that all?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:01 am

Crane wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:25 pm
JFR wrote:
I`ve finished the club "litle adventure". I`m on the cab part. About J. is that all?

Crane
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Crane » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:11 am

JFR wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:01 am
Crane wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:25 pm
JFR wrote:
So, i have to play it again???

I went further on the home path, but still not till the end. I have to dig it a little more, but at least i`m there.
Thanks for the clues, all you folks.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:41 am

Crane wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:11 am
So, i have to play it again???
Only if you want to. :lol:

Have you looked at the achievements page to see what you are missing? That might help narrow it down for you.

Zimmerman

Post by Zimmerman » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:26 am

Ok, so I think I might have completed the current content, with an exception to

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:30 am

Zimmerman wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:26 am
Ok, so I think I might have completed the current content, with an exception to
Again, the Achievements page will tell you what you have completed or still have to go.

You are correct that some of the couch-conversation scenes are blocked until the next patch comes out. That was a surprise bug. :oops:

p22

Post by p22 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:02 am

Note that there are no new achievements for day 2, so new J stuff is not covered with them. Not sure why this was done. Whole J section could have been made as standalone mini episode.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:41 pm

p22 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:02 am
Note that there are no new achievements for day 2, so new J stuff is not covered with them. Not sure why this was done. Whole J section could have been made as standalone mini episode.
Not all of it... read other posts on this thread for hints at what would not be in the single office scene.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:14 pm

p22 wrote:
Considering the amount of new content in Episode 7 perhaps it was because they didn't have the time and resources to go further with Jasmine.
Perhaps it is because future inclusion with Jasmine also involves other characters who have not yet been developed.
There could be any number of reasons.
I think having those reasons explained publicly would be detrimental to future character development.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:36 pm

p22 wrote:
Note that there are no new achievements for day 2, so new J stuff is not covered with them. Not sure why this was done.
The Jasmine content is tightly woven into existing content. I had to be careful about invalidating savegames more so with the Jasmine content than the Azumi content. The Azumi content branches a full ending from the Strip Club, and then essentially adds two new scenes. The Jamsine content weaves in and out of an existing scene near the beginning. I felt it was best to take the safest path for the content, which means no major variable changes, no new Achievements, etc..

I could have added the complexity, but made a decision not to in that case. This is primarily because a majority of Jasmine content is still to come. The office is an introduction to the character, and trying to force more to happen with her would not be conductive to the story as a whole. Current Plan is that Episode 9 will have more substantial Jasmine content as we round-robin through the women during the Thursday night dates, beginning with Faith in Episode 8.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:36 pm
beginning with Faith in Episode 8.
:mrgreen:

p22

Post by p22 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:05 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
p22 wrote:
Note that there are no new achievements for day 2, so new J stuff is not covered with them. Not sure why this was done.
The Jasmine content is tightly woven into existing content. I had to be careful about invalidating savegames more so with the Jasmine content than the Azumi content. The Azumi content branches a full ending from the Strip Club, and then essentially adds two new scenes. The Jamsine content weaves in and out of an existing scene near the beginning. I felt it was best to take the safest path for the content, which means no major variable changes, no new Achievements, etc..
But I do not see any connection between Azumi and Jasmine content. As far as I can see all of it is integrated with morning office scene, plus small part that is related to Emili Corruption part (so not a strip club). To me this looks like we could have had two episodes instead of one with this level of content.

Hm...
Actually I could be wrong. Not sure if Jasmine comments differ based on how scene in strip club ended (taxi or old content). There may also be some bugs here, since game often does not detect well end of taxi scene in next day. And there is some extra J stuff related to old strip club stuff related to S.

So there is:
1) New Jasmine office stuff
2) Jasmine office stuff related to Emili corruption
3) Jasmine end day stuff related to old strip club content
(Maybe?) Jasmine stuff related to new taxi content

1-3 could've been an separate "smaller" episode. But maybe I'm wrong...

@Wolfschadowe
Will we get missing day 2 achievements (for new unique things from EP7), in new episodes to come?

moskys
Lunch Patron

Post by moskys » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:35 pm

p22 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:05 pm
Wolfschadowe wrote:
p22 wrote:
But I do not see any connection between Azumi and Jasmine content. As far as I can see all of it is integrated with morning office scene, plus small part that is related to Emili Corruption part (so not a strip club). To me this looks like we could have had two episodes instead of one with this level of content.
There isn't any connection at all between Azumi and Jasmine content, at least at this point of the story. But both girls have been upgraded to romanceable characters in this Episode, that's the reason why their new content is included together. They were just supporting characters when BEW was born, but patrons voted and from now on we'll be able to pursue them. Besides, I don't think Jasmine content qualifies for a stand alone episode release, it's just too short.