Emily Corruption

You know...hints...and tips. No Walkthroughs or direct answers are permitted here. Wolfschadowe and the moderators will be merciless on this topic to prevent outright spoilers to protect those just looking for tips.
SkwadMaster

Emily Corruption

Post by SkwadMaster » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:04 pm

Hey, I'd like to know how to get in the Emily Corruption path, I saw they talking about that on another post. Emily going to the bar on wednesday? How can I do that?

BEW - Artist

Re: Emily Corruption

Post by Avatar1912 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:33 pm

Hey,

You should flirt with her at the office so she looks after you in the Bar when you are there.
Out of clutter, find simplicity.
From discord, find harmony.
In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity.
(Albert Einstein)

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:38 pm

SkwadMaster wrote:Hey, I'd like to know how to get in the Emily Corruption path, I saw they talking about that on another post. Emily going to the bar on wednesday? How can I do that?
[spoiler]You have to be nice to Emily or flirt with her the first morning, so that you have her score up to at least 5. Higher is better. That opens up the Emily paths. Then, to get on Emily Corruption, at the very beginning of the bar scene with Faith, order the first drink. While Faith is making it, look out the window and notice the girl from the coffee shop, who is looking in at you. Follow her outside to ask her if you can buy her a drink. When you come back in you will be on that path.[/spoiler]

riverray

Post by riverray » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:32 pm

I've gone through every combination with Emily that first day, and can only get her up to four?

EDIT: She turned up. :)
Last edited by riverray on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:49 pm

riverray wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:32 pm
I've gone through every combination with Emily that first day, and can only get her up to four?
If you are talking about the office on the first day, (Wednesday) the maximum relationship with Emily possible is 10 at the end of the scene. If you are missing something, It's probably near the beginning of the scene.

riverray

Post by riverray » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:07 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:49 pm
riverray wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:32 pm
If you are talking about the office on the first day, (Wednesday) the maximum relationship with Emily possible is 10 at the end of the scene. If you are missing something, It's probably near the beginning of the scene.
Ten?! Okay, now I need to start again again. :) Does this include the intro?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:53 pm

riverray wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:07 pm
Ten?! Okay, now I need to start again again. :) Does this include the intro?
Yes but don't waste time on the Intro after the first few times. There are no points-earning opportunities in the Intro. There ARE achievements to be earned there but no points. Actual points-earning begins upon entering the office door for the first time. There are several different game paths starting with the office scene, some of which require starting out with FEWER than the maximum points possible but the maximum one can earn before leaving the office the first day is 10 points for Emily and 3 for everyone else. I stress again that some important paths may require you to leave the office with fewer than that.

riverray

Post by riverray » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:00 pm

Fascinating, thank you! :)

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:05 pm

Just as a hint, did you notice the papers on the floor in front of Emily's desk? Did you pick them up for her. While down there, did you notice her - umm - posture? When she takes off her jacket did you notice anything "interesting?"

riverray

Post by riverray » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:19 pm

JFR wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:05 pm
Just as a hint, did you notice the papers on the floor in front of Emily's desk? Did you pick them up for her. While down there, did you notice her - umm - posture? When she takes off her jacket did you notice anything "interesting?"
I'd noticed her taking her jacket off, of course, and I noticed the papers on the floor just after I restarted again. I'm getting there slowly, I only found the game yesterday! :)

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:24 pm

riverray wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:19 pm
... I only found the game yesterday! :)
Have fun. The game is MUCH larger than you might think at first glance. :)

riverray

Post by riverray » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:24 pm

JFR wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:24 pm
riverray wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:19 pm
... I only found the game yesterday! :)
Have fun. The game is MUCH larger than you might think at first glance. :)
Yeah, I'm getting that, slowly! Can I presume that you can't get to the second evening yet? I got (how to say it without spoilers...) 'plans' for Thursday night, but I can't actually go to said plans. Is this as far as I can get, regardless of any 'score' I get? :)

EDIT: Oh! I just looked at the episode index, and now I know a little more that can be done!

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:05 am

riverray wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:24 pm
... Can I presume that you can't get to the second evening yet? I got (how to say it without spoilers...) 'plans' for Thursday night, but I can't actually go to said plans. Is this as far as I can get, regardless of any 'score' I get? :) ...
There are numerous things you can do in multiple locations on Wednesday night. Then, there is a lot you can do on Thursday daytime and a few things you can do Thursday night BUT the "dates" you make for Thursday night are not available yet. There is a LOT of prep you can accomplish to get ready for those dates. Some of that date content will come with the upcoming Episode 7 release around late April or so and some won't be out until Episode 8 or even 9.

Best advice - explore all avenues and create a lot of Save-Games. I have literally dozens on many different story-line paths. One trick is coming up with a naming convention that will allow you to find the different paths from the saves when the time comes. The other thing you can do while waiting for new content is explore all of the story paths, even those that seem to be fails, to clear all the achievements. That will open the bonus scenes. The bonuses are not necessary to play or even complete the game but do explain a LOT about what is going on around Brad as things unfold.

Another hint -
spoiler: show

riverray

Post by riverray » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:40 pm

JFR wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:05 am
riverray wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:24 pm
... Can I presume that you can't get to the second evening yet? I got (how to say it without spoilers...) 'plans' for Thursday night, but I can't actually go to said plans. Is this as far as I can get, regardless of any 'score' I get? :) ...
There are numerous things you can do in multiple locations on Wednesday night. Then, there is a lot you can do on Thursday daytime and a few things you can do Thursday night BUT the "dates" you make for Thursday night are not available yet. There is a LOT of prep you can accomplish to get ready for those dates. Some of that date content will come with the upcoming Episode 7 release around late April or so and some won't be out until Episode 8 or even 9.

Best advice - explore all avenues and create a lot of Save-Games. I have literally dozens on many different story-line paths. One trick is coming up with a naming convention that will allow you to find the different paths from the saves when the time comes. The other thing you can do while waiting for new content is explore all of the story paths, even those that seem to be fails, to clear all the achievements. That will open the bonus scenes. The bonuses are not necessary to play or even complete the game but do explain a LOT about what is going on around Brad as things unfold.

Another hint -
Hmm... Now I'm intrigued! I know I'm missing something in the strip club, I just can't for the life of me figure out what it is... Any tips about the duo, and 'you feel there could've been more there?'

Crane
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Crane » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:17 pm