Emily Corruption

You know...hints...and tips. No Walkthroughs or direct answers are permitted here. Wolfschadowe and the moderators will be merciless on this topic to prevent outright spoilers to protect those just looking for tips.
JFR
BEW Community Manager

Re: Emily Corruption

Post by JFR » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:26 pm

spoiler: show
In case you haven't figured it out, whenever the border around the scene is red, there will be hidden hotspot choices in the scene. No red border, no hidden hotspots. It is possible to have 2 or 3 visible choices and up to 1, 2, 3, 4 or more choices hidden around the scene. Some of those choices may not have any bearing on the path you are following but many will. If you think you are missing something, make certain you didn't miss an important choice. That one might be what you need.

Another general hint - Brad's mood and behavior matter as much as the various girls'. If you start him out as a cad, you might want to keep him acting that way and see where that takes you. If he is gentlemanly, that might be a good way to keep behaving. Flirtatious, seductive, business-like, aloof? Keep track of who and what he is during each story path. They matter and will get you to different places in the story. Some will be good in various ways and some will be pretty bad.

riverray

Post by riverray » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:40 pm

JFR wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:26 pm
spoiler: show
In case you haven't figured it out, whenever the border around the scene is red, there will be hidden hotspot choices in the scene. No red border, no hidden hotspots. It is possible to have 2 or 3 visible choices and up to 1, 2, 3, 4 or more choices hidden around the scene. Some of those choices may not have any bearing on the path you are following but many will. If you think you are missing something, make certain you didn't miss an important choice. That one might be what you need.

Another general hint - Brad's mood and behavior matter as much as the various girls'. If you start him out as a cad, you might want to keep him acting that way and see where that takes you. If he is gentlemanly, that might be a good way to keep behaving. Flirtatious, seductive, business-like, aloof? Keep track of who and what he is during each story path. They matter and will get you to different places in the story. Some will be good in various ways and some will be pretty bad.
Interesting, thank you! I didn't know about the red border, I've been frantically scouring the screen with my mouse!

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:08 pm

riverray wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:40 pm
I've been frantically scouring the screen with my mouse!
Pixel hunts should not be necessary. Most areas are relatively large to click on, or make sense. It shouldn't be necessary to spend more than 3-5 seconds quickly scanning an image to find all the hot spots.

riverray

Post by riverray » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:12 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:08 pm
riverray wrote:
Pixel hunts should not be necessary. Most areas are relatively large to click on, or make sense. It shouldn't be necessary to spend more than 3-5 seconds quickly scanning an image to find all the hot spots.
Thanks, I'll remember that. :) I think because I've ran through it so many times and got to certain points, but I know I'm still missing something, so I was scouring the corners of the screen hunting!

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:12 pm

riverray wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:12 pm
Wolfschadowe wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:08 pm
riverray wrote:
Thanks, I'll remember that. :) I think because I've ran through it so many times and got to certain points, but I know I'm still missing something, so I was scouring the corners of the screen hunting!
If you click on the Help panel of the Main Menu, and then read through the Instructions, there is a good example of what the hot-spots are like, using red circles to show the sizes. Wolf hasn't tried to "hide" any of the game moves. Most are simple to find, you just have to remember to look. As a bonus to looking at the Instructions, you can earn an achievement there.