Episode 7 start - hints and suggestions

You know...hints...and tips. No Walkthroughs or direct answers are permitted here. Wolfschadowe and the moderators will be merciless on this topic to prevent outright spoilers to protect those just looking for tips.
JFR
BEW Community Manager

Re: Episode 7 start - hints and suggestions

Post by JFR » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:02 am

gamehelp wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:37 pm
-- I'll try to find the "mood" indicators, but as is Crane, my frustration level is pretty high.
You won't actually see that variable being set, it is "under the hood." My point was that the decision that sets up which path Brad follows at this point is made clear back
spoiler: show

scans

Post by scans » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:34 am

JFR wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:52 pm
scans wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:42 pm
... I'm ready to light my computer on fire and throw it out of the window in frustration :twisted: .
Don't do that. :D

I might have an idea.

Thank you for the help! I was able to progress further, but not where I wanted to go. Fortunately, I did not light anything on fire and I finally was able to figure out the last, subtle piece I missed in the taxi to get that achievement. I really appreciate you guys dropping hints and not a walk-through because this has taken me so many hours and it feels great to have found all these paths. Seriously the depth of this game is unreal and it has absolutely been worth the long wait! Now if only I can figure out how to tackle this damn Wednesday night scene...
Last edited by scans on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gamehelp

Pants Paths

Post by gamehelp » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:30 am

Crane
Not-so-Newbie

Re: Pants Paths

Post by Crane » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:36 pm

gamehelp wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:30 am
What do you mean by "pants on the couch"?
About those two pages you can`t find it`s been said several times there is a bug who blocks two endings.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:24 pm

The patch
Crane wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:36 pm
there is a bug who blocks two endings.
The patch for this should release either today or tomorrow.

To clarify, There is an alternate route that does not include any lap-dance where Brad and the women go straight to the living room and have a discussion with various outcomes before the women leave. This is the route that is blocked by the bug. Instead, everyone is being routed to the kitchen, which is wrong, and might be why there is so much confusion about progressing in that scene. When the proper paths are routed to the living room, it makes other paths where arriving in the kitchen much easier, mainly because those paths are intended to arrive there. :)

gamehelp

Post by gamehelp » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi Crane --

Thanks for the response. Re the first couch-pants ending I reference, I've gotten there before, just can't get there again.
. Again thanks for the thoughts.

Crane
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Crane » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:53 pm

gamehelp wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:03 pm
Hi Crane --

Thanks for the response. Re the first couch-pants ending I reference, I've gotten there before, just can't get there again.
. Again thanks for the thoughts.
No problem.
Wolfschadowe wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:24 pm
The patch
Crane wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:36 pm
there is a bug who blocks two endings.
The patch for this should release either today or tomorrow.

To clarify, There is an alternate route that does not include any lap-dance where Brad and the women go straight to the living room and have a discussion with various outcomes before the women leave. This is the route that is blocked by the bug. Instead, everyone is being routed to the kitchen, which is wrong, and might be why there is so much confusion about progressing in that scene. When the proper paths are routed to the living room, it makes other paths where arriving in the kitchen much easier, mainly because those paths are intended to arrive there. :)
That's really good news. Thanks.;)

gamehelp

Post by gamehelp » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:06 pm

Thanks, first of all, Wolf to you and your team for such a great game -- the complexity is awesomely cool and highly intriguing. Second, I was starting to wonder if I'd lost my mind, so thanks also for confirming that not being able to return to that pants ending is patch related. We'll all look forward to it!!

scans

Post by scans » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:10 pm

:geek: Okay, I might be a total idiot, but I really can't wrap my head around something...
Any insight here or where are these things listed so I don't feel like I'm missing out? FOMO IS REAL!

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:36 pm

scans wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:10 pm
:geek: Okay, I might be a total idiot, but I really can't wrap my head around something...
Any insight here or where are these things listed so I don't feel like I'm missing out? FOMO IS REAL!
If you go to the Main Menu/Achievements page and then select Wednesday, you will see a listing of those achievements available for that day. Those that are "lit up" in color are complete. The ones that are still dark still have at least one "sub achievement" to finish. There will be a progress bar over on the right. Hover your mouse pointer over the progress bar to see a list of all sub-achievements for that line. The names you have seen discussed are listed in there.

scans

Post by scans » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:47 pm

Hover your mouse pointer over the progress bar to see a list of all sub-achievements for that line.

Well that was a pretty obvious solution :oops: Now I can see that I have actually unlocked... well not nearly as much as I thought. Guess I still have my work cut out for me

Morzan

Post by Morzan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:48 pm

Even with the version 1.7.3 two of the parts of Cumming Home achievement did not trigger
Is there still some bug, or do I have to start completely new game and continue from a previous save?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:59 am

Morzan wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:48 pm
Is there still some bug, or do I have to start completely new game and continue from a previous save?
I was kind of hoping Wolfschadowe would take pity on my and jump in on this one. It is pretty complicated and I sometimes have trouble following the storyboards on my little laptop monitor. :lol:

I don't think there is a bug on these paths. There are just several checkpoints to be cleared and some are not obvious. Checks occur at the point

Morzan

Post by Morzan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:48 am

JFR wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:59 am
Morzan wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:48 pm
I don't think there is a bug on these paths. There are just several checkpoints to be cleared and some are not obvious. Checks occur at the point
I didnt meant to say that there is no way to get there, there is, I got there (sorry :D ). Its just then once I get there, I would expect for it to count towards the achievement. It doesnt. Similar thing happens to me the next day in the office, there are several tasks regarding hand, trashcan and so on that I did get to, but they still dont count towards the "All activities" achievement. Would it be a problem if I were using older saves? I cant think of anything else.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:02 pm

Morzan wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:48 am
Would it be a problem if I were using older saves?
Nope. Older saves should work just fine. I checked and the achievements seem to be tracking and firing properly.

There are so many paths through the game though, that it's not possible for me to check every combination. If you feel something isn't working you can file a bug report and attach your debug file. That way I can see exactly what is happening by reproducing your path. The debug file tracks from either a new game, or loading a game up to the point where you generate the file. The longer the debug file, the easier it is for me to recreate the path to see what is going on. So loading a save hat is only one page away from where you generate the file is a very short debug. It's still helpful, but not as helpful as a file from the beginning of the scene.