Possible bug but I'm not sure

You know...hints...and tips. No Walkthroughs or direct answers are permitted here. Wolfschadowe and the moderators will be merciless on this topic to prevent outright spoilers to protect those just looking for tips.
ElKoupon

Possible bug but I'm not sure

Post by ElKoupon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:42 pm

Is there any path to aihome01h? I think the picture should be used when Natalie is unhappy after the taxi drive but I can't find a way to it. So I looked in the gamefiles and the function directing you to the picture isn't used anywhere.

kexter
Developer / Moderator

Re: Possible bug but I'm not sure

Post by kexter » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:50 pm

Yeah, we just found this bug yesterday. It'll be fixed in the next patch.

Ye Olde Farte

Post by Ye Olde Farte » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:00 am

As well, I can't find the scene to call aihome81 in the double lap dance sequence. 81-a is no problem but it puts me down a different path. Did I miss a points check somewhere?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:08 am

Ye Olde Farte wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:00 am
As well, I can't find the scene to call aihome81 in the double lap dance sequence. 81-a is no problem but it puts me down a different path. Did I miss a points check somewhere?
If you have reached the lap dance at Brad's apartment, you have missed it already. The scene in question does not include any of the kitchen/breakfast/lap-dance activity. It starts at the taxi and goes directly to the sofa in the living room. It involves Brad not doing well with Natalie before arriving home.

Ye Olde Farte

Post by Ye Olde Farte » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm

Thanks JFR. I followed the couch lines (and got a nice kiss from Azumi at the end) but this particular scene aihome81 is most certainly from the double lap dance.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:39 pm

Ye Olde Farte wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm
Thanks JFR. I followed the couch lines (and got a nice kiss from Azumi at the end) but this particular scene aihome81 is most certainly from the double lap dance.
Whoops! You are right, I looked at the top message here and made an assumption. :oops:

What version of the game are you playing that you find an image named aihome81? There is no such image in my copy of v.1.7.4. Looking at all of the images in numerical order, it goes from aihome80p to aihome81-a.

Ye Olde Farte

Post by Ye Olde Farte » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:20 pm

Hmm, using 1.7.4 same as you. Checked my files as well and that image isn't listed, but it's accessible from the debug menu. Aihome82 and subsequent however are in my files. Same question applies: what scene calls aihome82? Did I miss a points check somewhere?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:31 pm

Ye Olde Farte wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:20 pm
Hmm, using 1.7.4 same as you. Checked my files as well and that image isn't listed, but it's accessible from the debug menu.
Another example of why we don't recommend playing with debug enabled. The path routes to another page now.

Ye Olde Farte

Post by Ye Olde Farte » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:01 pm

So there is no getting to aihome82 via normal gameplay?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:15 pm

Ye Olde Farte wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:01 pm
So there is no getting to aihome82 via normal gameplay?
I don't remember. Do you have all of the Wednesday achievements. If so, you have done everything.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:34 pm

Ok, I see what is happening. You are confusing page number versus image number. At the point where you go from aihome80 forward, the game goes to aihome81 if you have the necessary scores and other requirements, but it displays image aihome81-a. That just means that the same image was reused for more than one path. From there, it is still possible, almost inevitable, to continue on to aihome82.

If you are in debug at aihome81, look closely under the page title and you will see smaller text which says the image used is aihome81-a. That happens a lot so the designers don't have to create completely new images for every possible pathway.

If you still can't avoid jumping from aihome80 to aihome81-a, missing aihome81, it just means you have missed a point or check earlier. The path through aihome81 is the primary path and you need everything just right for it to trigger.

To be completely open here, I just violated our own rule about hints and tips. The hints thread has been closed and further in-depth discussion should be in the patron forums. I answered here because it seemed there MAY have been an undiscovered problem with game flow. That does not seem to be the case so I'll have to go back to following the rules. Further hints, clues or answers, beyond vague nudges, on Episode 7 in the general member forums will have to come from other players, not from me. I don't think it would be good for my reputation (or ego) to get "moderated." :D

Ye Olde Farte

Post by Ye Olde Farte » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:32 pm

I certainly don't want you getting into trouble on my account..Wolf, please don't bite him, he was just trying to help a confused old man that enjoys your game and was COMPLETELY lost on a path chasing my own tail. Yes, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, but his were honorable as well.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:24 pm

JFR wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:34 pm
To be completely open here, I just violated our own rule about hints and tips.
Nope, you didn't. This level of hinting or tipping is perfectly fine for any forum.

Here's why:
  • No direct information was given about how to pass a check.
  • No direct information was given about the score necessary to pass a check.
  • No story spoiler information was relayed. (hinted, yes and that's fine, but not spoiled)
  • Identifying that something was missed is perfectly fine.
  • Vague hints about where something was missed is also always fine. (i.e. Back in the cab. At the bar in the club, when riding the unicorn over the rainbow [<--- edit: Wait? What!! Where did that come from?? - Wolf], or similar.)
It's ok to give mild, vague hints and help in the public forum. Gentle nudges are the rule here.