Favorite girl

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
Gary1219
Not-so-Newbie

Re: Favorite girl

Post by Gary1219 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:23 pm

I discovered this game a few weeks ago and have been having fun exploring all its nooks and crannies. I thought this would be a good place to make my first post.

First a couple disclaimers:
I know very little pertaining to the lore of this universe. It took me about a week to discover that it isn't ours. Everything so far has been hidden in plain sight and the only way to figure things out is to follow Brad's advice to Jasmine when analyzing the security tape. My first hint things weren't as they seem was Azumi's red eyes during her private dance. Confirmation came in a different run through with Azumi. I can't really say what she is. She has some characteristics of a European, Bram Stoker vampire, but she also appears to have some Fox Woman traits. Serenthia is also non-human. She appears to be an elf, but I really can't tell what she is without a little bit more exposure to the lore. I have taken to thinking of them both as Fey Folk.

My second disclaimer is that the story is not advanced enough to get a clear handle on any of the ladies introduced so far. Emily is of course the most developed, but she is still largely an unknown quantity. Brad SHOULD know more about them than we players (we have only been exposed to them for about a day and a half) but he is pretty much clueless about anyone not on a security tape.

Brad is tap dancing in a minefield no matter who he winds up with. Any path he takes is fraught with peril. If he was smart, he would give Emily full ownership of their business, move out into the middle of the wilderness and become a hermit. Of course, that would not make a very good story, so...

Emily and Natalie are wounded deer. Emily is freshly wounded and Natalie is starting to scar over. Both need to be handled with kid gloves. Both are likely to drive Brad insane.

Emily has the added complication of being a coworker. Office romances are extremely explosive. The only saving grace is that she is a partner and not a subordinate or a superior. Emily will require a lifetime commitment or a very likely dissolution of the business.

This brings up Jasmine (if she becomes included) is Emily on steroids. Office romance with the added kickers of, being a subordinate. upsetting the partner. being an intern and therefor semi-officially a student of both Brad and Emily. Really bad juju all around.

Natalie has trust issues. She is also still strongly attracted to Azumi. When you consider Azumi is still strongly attracted to Natalie and is very protective of Natalie, Brad is going to have to walk on egg shells for a long time. Doing the wrong thing with Natalie at the wrong time will have Azumi doing more than just turning her eyes red.

Azumi (if she becomes included)... well, vampire stripper. This has just got to be the male fantasy equivalent to the female sparkly Twilight vampire fantasy. Talk about high maintenance, Brad would be bedding down with a predator. He is going to have to make sure she is properly fed before he closes his eyes. And there is the Natalie problem, he has to let her down easily. The Natalie Corruption path won't be any safer.

At first I couldn't get any kind of a read on Serenthia at all. It was only when I viewed the Bonus Material that I could get any impression. I may be misreading her but she appears to be some kind of Special Operations Group military. She also seems to have been in the field way too long and needs to be reeled in and given some R&R as she is beginning to sympathize with the indigenous population. If she goes off mission with Brad, there is going to be hell to pay.

Faith is a wild child. At present she seems to be the safest option for Brad. Having said that, if Brad jumps this way, I predict many arrests for indecent exposure and lewd and lascivious behavior in public places in his future. (Which probably won't do his career or business any good.)

As for which of the ladies I like best... currently it is a tossup between Faith and Emily.
No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection ready unit has ever passed combat. -- Sgt. Murphy

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:05 pm

Welcome to the Forum Gary1219! Great analysis of the current situation. It was an entertaining and informative read for me. :) I'm glad that you are enjoying the game so far!

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:17 am

Gary1219 wrote:Faith is a wild child. At present she seems to be the safest option for Brad. Having said that, if Brad jumps this way, I predict many arrests for indecent exposure and lewd and lascivious behavior in public places in his future. (Which probably won't do his career or business any good.)
Gary1219, nicely done! It was getting quiet around here. I enjoyed your post.

As for Faith, Brad and arrests, I think that with a bit of planning (without letting Faith know, of course), Emily pulling some strings with her DA contacts (we'll assume that Brad and Emily come out of a Faith centered path as good friends), Brad can keep the arrests to a minimum. And only during epic sex romps...

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:35 pm

So far, Faith. Definitely Faith. Faith is the kind of girl who will try anything once if you get her in the mood, twice if you keep her in the mood, and endlessly if you get another girl in the mood and let her watch. I'm also partial to redheads. I will say there are probably two or three girls who could run a close second, or possibly overtake the lead, depending highly upon how the game develops. But all things being equal, Faith. Not that a menage a trois with Azumi and Serenthia wouldn't be hot. And possibly life threatening. I wish I knew more about the character development paths so I could make constructive suggestions as opposed to just throwing out ideas blindly.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:56 pm

Welcome to the forum infiniteignorance!
infiniteignorance wrote: Not that a menage a trois with Azumi and Serenthia wouldn't be hot. And possibly life threatening.
Whoa, so much could go so wrong there. heh.

More character development with every episode. Also, the failure paths are a treasure trove.

NickNKVD

Post by NickNKVD » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:43 am

Speaking of menage a trois and threesome, we know for sure that there will be one with Azumi e Natalie. But there will be others?

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:17 pm

NickNKVD wrote:Speaking of menage a trois and threesome, we know for sure that there will be one with Azumi e Natalie. But there will be others?
Yep, even a couple possibilities of a ménage à quatre ending as well as a couple foursomes, but those are less common.

Careful though. a ménage à trois or ménage à quatre ending may sound ideal on the surface, but in my experience, getting nagged by one woman daily to take out the trash, or build a landscape wall in the yard is bad enough. Add one or two more to that and a man just may go crazy, no matter how good the threesome's and foursome's may be. :lol:

It's more common to have things like romancing one woman in Season one, a different one in Season two, and possibly a third in Season 3. Basically, three or four different women through the game, but not at the same time. There are a lot of possibilities in the game. The key thing to remember is that there isn't an intention to have a "best ending." Even in the current Episodes, the "best ending" to the Bar on Wednesday locks out the "best ending" to the Office on Thursday.

The closest thing in the game to a "best ending" is the canon path. This is the path that is historically accurate for the Guild of Schadowe's universe. But really the best ending is the one that the player likes the best. Some of the game endings are somewhat dark, others are Fairy Tale "Happily Ever After-ish." and several in-between. There are between 8-10 "winning" endings per active love interest.

swedishtorpedo

Post by swedishtorpedo » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:59 pm

Gary1219 wrote: Azumi (if she becomes included)... well, vampire stripper. This has just got to be the male fantasy equivalent to the female sparkly Twilight vampire fantasy. Talk about high maintenance, Brad would be bedding down with a predator. He is going to have to make sure she is properly fed before he closes his eyes. And there is the Natalie problem, he has to let her down easily. The Natalie Corruption path won't be any safer.
I am also new to finding this game and I had that thought as well Gary! I haven't found all the endings in the current episode and I believe the one I've played on PF1 might be older. Just downloading the current one from the site so going to try it out more tonight.

Thus far, Emily is actually my favorite just for the thrill of exposing her bad girl side. Faith is an EXTREMELY close 2nd, as I also am a sucker for a redhead. Natalie interests me, but not enough to advance beyond 3rd. Jasmine I feel is at the bottom of the pack (behind Azumi, Candy, Serenthia, hell even then barista) only because it feels wrong to be to be in a position of mentorship over her and potentially take advantage of her

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:24 pm

swedishtorpedo wrote:I am also new to finding this game
Welcome! And thanks for playing!

Personally, Emily is middle of the pack for me, or near the bottom when it comes to picking my favorite. Don't take that as hints or anything regarding upcoming story. Part of it is that I usually don't care for blondes, although I'm not quite that shallow. My friends say I have a "blonde deduction" :D

I think it will be interesting to see how things shift as the final love interests are added over time. One of those yet to be added is my favorite.

Gary1219
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Gary1219 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:59 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:

Personally, Emily is middle of the pack for me, or near the bottom when it comes to picking my favorite. Don't take that as hints or anything regarding upcoming story. Part of it is that I usually don't care for blondes, although I'm not quite that shallow. My friends say I have a "blonde deduction" :D

I think it will be interesting to see how things shift as the final love interests are added over time. One of those yet to be added is my favorite.
Admit it. The only reason Princess Lorien is your favorite is that if you marry her, when her father kicks you become King of the Elves. That way you can put all the women in your harem.
No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection ready unit has ever passed combat. -- Sgt. Murphy

NickNKVD

Post by NickNKVD » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:37 pm

Gary1219 wrote:
Wolfschadowe wrote:

Admit it. The only reason Princess Lorien is your favorite is that if you marry her, when her father kicks you become King of the Elves. That way you can put all the women in your harem.
Lorien is a princess?

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:38 am

Gary1219 wrote:The only reason Princess Lorien is your favorite is that if you marry her, when her father kicks you become King of the Elves. That way you can put all the women in your harem.
I just got an idea for my next game. heh. :P
NickNKVD wrote:Lorien is a princess?
Wild speculation.

Reanimate

Post by Reanimate » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:35 am

I found this game on a website last night and the furthest I've gone I think is Thursday.

Anyway, the main reason I've made an account on here is to talk about something that bothers me about one of the characters (sorry).

Natalie was the first that caught my attention in the game, so I tried my 'luck' with her.

I know that this is just a game; a game geared towards male fantasy fulfillment but, I myself am a lesbian, so it really bothers me that the game allows you to perpetuate a stereotype that lesbians are only into women until they meet the 'right' guy. For that reason, Natalie went from possibly being my favourite to well, I'm not quite sure. People on here mentioned that they don't feel right pursuing Jasmine due to the mentor-mentee relationship they share... I don't feel right about pursuing Natalie in game due to the way her sexual orientation was portrayed. Especially since sexual orientation is such a complex thing. I think it could've been handled much better.

Apart from that, I've thoroughly enjoyed playing this game thus far. :)

kexter
Developer / Moderator

Post by kexter » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:27 am

Reanimate wrote:I found this game on a website last night and the furthest I've gone I think is Thursday.
Anyway, the main reason I've made an account on here is to talk about something that bothers me about one of the characters (sorry).
Natalie was the first that caught my attention in the game, so I tried my 'luck' with her.
I know that this is just a game; a game geared towards male fantasy fulfillment but (...)
First off all, welcome to the forum. We value all the input we can get that helps us make this game the best it can be. I really hope you stick around and keep us on our toes.
I'd like to point out one little thing, the game is intended to be geared towards male fantasy fulfillment. I know that we are probably failing on a bunch of levels but there are limitations as to what can be told with a male protagonist. Obviously some parts were done relatively well, seeing as Natalie caught your attention first; and some parts not so well. I'm sure Wolfschadowe would love to pick your brain further on the topic.
Oh, and yes, Thursday is the furthest you can get in the game at the moment - just in case you were wondering.

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Post by infiniteignorance » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:40 am

kexter wrote:male protagonist.
Are we even sure Brad is a protagonist? He may be an antagonist. Are we sure Natalie is not a conflicted bisexual rather than a straight lesbian? Are we sure Natalie's story ends here? Are we sure this won't become Brad's Erotic Month? Brad's Erotic Year? Brad's Erotic Life? :lol: Are we sure there are no plans for the development of a future game featuring one or more of the other characters in this game as the main protagonist / antagonist?

At this point I'm only sure of two things: Brad's thirsty and he's playing a most dangerous game.