The inclusion girls

General discussion of the overall game goes here.
JFR
BEW Community Manager

Re: The inclusion girls

Post by JFR » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:22 am

Wow!

I have been trying to visualize Sere and Lorien as "good elves" who secretly protect mankind (as a kind of side benefit) while fighting against bad non-humans in secret and you guys are busy turning them into bloody-fang-dripping monsters or child-eating witches or virgin sacrificers!

Couldn't our lovely elves be the slayers and the bad guys the vampires? I know, different show/world/metaphor but the point is still valid. I know we don't have Buffy protecting the city from the blood suckers but would still like to hope a relationship with Sere - or Lorien - isn't likely to end with Brad drained of his vital fluids. I play games like this as an innocent. I want to be the good guy. I want the beautiful love interest to be a good guy. Sigh! Maybe I'm not cut out for this. :cry: ;)

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:31 am

JFR, Doran is confusing elves and vampires and I was having some fun with it. Read my wall of text above the Grimms Fairytale and Silence of the Lambs reference. I'd like to hear your take.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:03 am

d22249 wrote:... Read my wall of text above the Grimms Fairytale and Silence of the Lambs reference. I'd like to hear your take.
Yeah, I saw that. I was just having a bit of fun myself.

Your take is interesting. Not too far from my own. We both see Jasmine as a possible "myth girl." Before she blossomed into the confident little sexpot she is now, we know that she was a nerd and bit of a book worm. That positions her well to have learned via books or internet about the elf myths. I mean really, who else would know all that the gamer community and/or fantasy book community do about that stuff? Look at the BEW on-line community. Folks here actually recognized the use of an elf language. Our little teen geek could very possibly be into that sort of thing. When the video disappeared right in front of her, she didn't freak. She just figuratively rolled up her sleeves and vowed to find out what happened. The fact that she didn't immediately connect the technical problem, or Brad's disappearing girl encounter, with a "fantasy" that she had read about doesn't bother me. She'll figure it out after having a chance to think about it and connect a few more dots. If we are right in this idea, the date-night option that has Jasmine interacting with Brad and Natalie or possibly Azumi (!) should be very interesting. The plot device of the smart, myth-knowledgeable geek-girl helping the hero figure out various mysteries is not really new and would not be surprising. Of course, that presumes that Brad is actually the hero of the piece. ;)

As for Faith being the one who "knows" about Sere, that is also interesting. I follow your logic but am not completely convinced. It hangs together, especially if we assume she has no idea that the girl Brad is obsessed with is Sere. If she is the one and figures that obsession out, she will have the dilemma of warning Brad away somehow or alerting Sere that her "target" is getting a little too interested. That could make for an interesting set of side paths. Now I am having fantasies about a Faith/Sere 3-way, which seems ludicrous - but hot.

I am still interested in Azumi for this role. Even Brad has noticed a similarity between Sere and Azumi's "power," even though he hasn't figured it out yet. I don't think Azumi is another elf but rather something "else." She might be part of the opposition or maybe just a by-stander from the non-human world who is living among the humans for some reason - maybe Natalie. Again, I don't think she noticed Sere hanging around the club or she might have done or said something. Although Nat knows Brad is obsessed with some mystery girl, Azumi does not. I can't figure if Azumi is set up as Brad's savior or his downfall. Or maybe neither. I do see her as one of the stronger choices for the one who knows. Another completely random thought. If Azumi becomes aware of Sere - perhaps from Sere following Brad - would it result in a fight or other confrontation?

I'm with you. I don't think we can make solid guesses until Episode 6 comes out - and maybe not then.

Wolf, this seems to be going deeply into spoiler territory. Of course, you started it. :lol: Are we ok here?

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:09 am

JFR wrote:Wolf, this seems to be going deeply into spoiler territory. Of course, you started it. Are we ok here?
I haven't seen anything that reveals details from the higher forums. It's all just supposition on the released content. Y'all's good.
JFR wrote:I have been trying to visualize Sere and Lorien as "good elves" who secretly protect mankind
Good guys, bad guys. In the GoS universe, it's a very, very blurry line between the two, and often, where than line falls depends upon where you are standing.

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:14 pm

Allowing for JFR's delicate sensibilities where Serenthia is concerned...
I missed an obvious one:
9. Decaf Espresso Con Panna
10. Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:36 pm

So, the consensus for myth girl is Jasmine.
Second place is Faith.
Most people think Azumi for fact girl. I think my answer of Faith for fact girl depends upon Wolfschadowe's definition of facts. If he means facts about elves in general my answer changes to Azumi. If he means facts about Serenthia in particular, my answer stays with Faith.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:59 pm

d22249 wrote:depends upon Wolfschadowe's definition of facts.
Facts about Serenthia.

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Facts about Serenthia.
Then I'm sticking with Faith as fact girl.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:18 pm

d22249 wrote:
Wolfschadowe wrote:
Facts about Serenthia.
I think I might be swinging over that way as well.

That brings up a new fantasy scenario involving some jealousy between Faith and Sere. Brad has always been teetering on the edge of some good old "woman scorned" troubles. I just figured that would involve Emily and perhaps Azumi. What if he pursues the Faith relationship and she realizes he is obsessed with Sere, whom she knows a lot about? Or Sere realizes that Brad's hot bartender knows about her?

This whole story has always had the possibility of getting pretty sticky for our boy. I think it just got worse.

Doran
Lunch Patron

Post by Doran » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:11 pm

JFR wrote:
d22249 wrote:
Wolfschadowe wrote:Facts about Serenthia.
I think I might be swinging over that way as well. ...
Faith certainly is an attentive observer! :lol:

But not knowing how long Azumi and Serenthia coexisted and had the chance to hear about each other, I still bet on Azumi.
d22249 wrote:JFR, Doran is confusing elves and vampires and I was having some fun with it. ...
Serenthia might be an elve, but what if she gets transformed?... Then we have an elven vampire! :mrgreen:

d22249
Insane Patron!

Post by d22249 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:44 pm

JFR wrote:What if he pursues the Faith relationship and she realizes he is obsessed with Sere, whom she knows a lot about? Or Sere realizes that Brad's hot bartender knows about her?
Then we get a hot threesome with Brad, Faith and Serenthia. Wolfschadowe said a foursome is possible somewhere in the game so maybe Lorien finds them and joins in. :P

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:17 pm

Or Emily. Or Natalie.

Aggh! My head is exploding!

Although ... [spoiler]if you remember the game images I connected the dots between in the patron forum, I think we already know what the possible 4-some is. So, I guess we need to keep the imaginations in check.[/spoiler]

MarvinJ

Post by MarvinJ » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:52 pm

When the new episode gets released, [I was really hoping we were only 8 days from that, but seems it might be longer :( ] what day will most of the new stuff be on??
I'm just thinking that whilst I wait I can get various saved games ready at the point the new stuff will happen, but that with this being an inclusion, its no point me replaying up to the end of all the current material right?
I've been enjoying this game for sometime now and am still undecided about whether I like the Natalie or Emily storyline best and now there could be even more to get my teeth into!

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:13 am

Welcome to the group. It is nice to see new members joining into the conversation. Please stay with us. :D

From what we have heard, I don't think the new episode will advance the game beyond where we are already - Thursday evening. What it will do is add new content for the new romance-able characters beyond what we have already seen. They are already known to us but only as side characters. They will be expanded with new scenes and dialog to make them full characters in their own right and intertwine their stories with those we have already seen. I expect to see several new paths of play with them that were not in the previous episodes. I don't think we will actually move forward in time much until the next new episode after this one.

The advice we have gotten from the developers is not to delete any save-games. Some of us have dozens of S/Gs on different story paths and a few admit to having over a hundred.

That said, I don't think we know yet which S/Gs might be invalidated by the new inclusions. Personally, I am keeping everything and will replace any that get "broken" when the time comes. The thing to remember is that we simply don't know which paths will lead to which story arcs. That is why I (and many others) are trying every path we can find and saving them as we go.

You can certainly enjoy the game by only playing a few favorite paths. You just won't see all of the content. Wolfschadowe has hinted several times that it is just too early in the game to figure out which paths will lead to the "best" endings. That is why we are trying them all and saving even those that don't seem to be the "best." A seemingly losing path might actually turn out to be the one that gets us to the best ending some day down the road.

One caveat - I am not a real doctor, I just play one on TV. In other words, I am not a staffer, just a player like yourself. My advice is the best I can do from my position of being just as confused and frustrated as any other player. Hopefully, Wolf, Kexter or one of the other "official" spokespeople will jump in and correct any erroneous info I provide. He usually likes to greet new members in the discussion at some point regardless.

jake1311

Post by jake1311 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:37 am

What's this scene where Brad, Jasmine, and Emily are watching a video and see something weird? I can't seem to figure out how to get to it.