Scene rending for iRay

General discussion of the overall game goes here.

Should the partial episode be re-rendered?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:08 pm

Yes - Please re-render the existing images in iRay, even if it adds a little time to a future episode. The image quality will be worth it.
60%
No - Let's stick with the old method, and use iRay for new scenes.
20%
Neither - Just switch to iRay for future images in the scene. I don't care if it breaks the scene continuity a bit.
20%

Total votes: 15

infiniteignorance
Not-so-Newbie

Re: Scene rending for iRay

Post by infiniteignorance » Fri May 06, 2016 1:23 am

Wolfschadowe wrote:Another factor is that I probably won't make another game
:cry: I hope we can change your mind on that.

snuff9339

Post by snuff9339 » Fri May 06, 2016 5:44 am

i hope you change your mind about making another game! This is a great game and i am anticipating the next update.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri May 06, 2016 5:46 am

infiniteignorance wrote: I hope we can change your mind on that.
snuff9339 wrote:i hope you change your mind about making another game!
Gotta finish this one first! Plus...I'm slooow. 2 years in and only 1.5 days of 7 is done. :)

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri May 06, 2016 7:10 am

I don't know if Wolfschadowe has a tentative time frame but I am kind of thinking the whole 7 days could be a 5 year project. (!!!) I am just hoping I live long enough to see the ending. :cry:

December 2016 might just be epic. Star Wars Rogue One AND BEW Friday night? Or even Saturday morning? :shock:

Fenrir Darkwolf
Awesome Patron!

Post by Fenrir Darkwolf » Sat May 07, 2016 11:03 am

I hope so too JFR. :lol:
Thanks for your explanations Wolfschadowe. Like I said in my thanks post, your game is my most favorite adult game with Tlaero and Mortze projects. So even it’s big job to make a game with this quality, I sincerly hope that it will not be your last game. In my point of view, it would be a shame… But, I’m 100 % agree with you, Brad’s week must be finished first.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sat May 07, 2016 3:44 pm

Fenrir Darkwolf wrote: Like I said in my thanks post, your game is my most favorite adult game with Tlaero and Mortze projects.
Tlaero's games, especially her Keeley series, is what inspired me to write BEW.

Check the writers section of the game credits next time the game ends. You might see a familiar name. ;)

[spoiler="What is in the credits"]Tlaero pop's in from time to time between her other projects and helps out with some of the writing. For example, in the released content, the stage dances were written by Tlaero, and during Thursday evening, there's a full scene with Azumi that was written by her, based on my basic storyboards. There may be a few other surprises on that front coming up too. :twisted:[/spoiler]

Hans II

Post by Hans II » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Hey,

I have followed your project for quite some time, observing from the dark corners of the internet, and I just realized that you got your own forum and everything. I see you're a one man working army at the moment. This project is going to take quite some time to finish on your own. :D :shock: :D

I don't know precicely what type of software you're using for your rendering, but do you know Zync? It's Google's cloud render service... I've used it myself quite a lot in my own work. https://www.zyncrender.com

It's not very expensive, and with the funding you already have it might help you out with some bottleneck issues from time to time. I mostly use it with Maya, and to produce my "still-very-much-untitled-animated-movie".

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:43 pm

Thanks for the info Hans II
Hans II wrote:I don't know precicely what type of software you're using for your rendering,
I'm using Daz Studio and the iRay renderer. iRay is a CUDA based path trace progressive renderer from nVidia.

I hadn't seen the site you mentioned although it looks like they don't support iRay yet. I'll keep an eye on it.