Import saves

Download the game, or support requests. Also a link to the bug tracker.
Valerielychee
Dinner Patron

Import saves

Post by Valerielychee » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Given the number of paths possible, I am testing making different save files for the various paths, with the "import saves" and "export saves" options. However I just I tried to import old saves, and it doesn't seem to work, as the "load game" menu still shows my last saves. Can anybody help?

Valerielychee
Dinner Patron

Re: Import saves

Post by Valerielychee » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:02 pm

I think I understand the problem: it's not that the saves are not imported, it's that they are added to the ones already there (even when you first exported them), so now I have a giant load game menu with 288 saves! Does anyone know if there is a way to clear this menu so that I can import just one saves file?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:30 am

I have been keeping a series of different exported save files and playing the game from different perspectives and have never seen that behavior. Are you sure you have been Exporting to discrete save files with different file names and then navigating to a specific file when you Import? Whenever I do that, the game overwrites the in-game file so I only see the saves from that specific file-name. Could you have been inadvertently saving (exporting) to the same file instead of separate, differently named files? I make sure to save the different exports in different folders so they stay distinct.

The other thing that occurs to me is that you might be playing with "On-Line Features" enabled. If that is the case, the game will restore from that source when you go on-line. Try turning that feature off and then Importing from your saved files.

If that doesn't help, I think we will have to wait for Wolfschadowe to get back involved in the forum. He and Kexter are the only ones who really understand the program functionality.

Valerielychee
Dinner Patron

Post by Valerielychee » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:43 pm

Thanks a lot JFR. My files have different names that cannot be confused so no mistake there, but you were right about the "on line features" enabled! I disabled it and... tada! problem solved. So, again, thanks a lot!

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:50 pm

Glad to hear it. ;)