Says I have to attempt to retrace my steps to continue 2nd day.

Download the game, or support requests. Also a link to the bug tracker.
LariatQ

Says I have to attempt to retrace my steps to continue 2nd day.

Post by LariatQ » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:55 pm

Message said that I broke the "recap". I generated a "debug" report, but it has an invalid file extension "txt" . So, I can't attach it.

I went to the strip joint, after the Office, and followed the "Natalie" path, through interaction with Candy and Azumi. I went to breakfast with Natalie, and got past the "Friend" label to the next achievement. Natalie agreed to meet again, with my relationship score at 56. When I went home and went to bed, I got the message that I broke the "recap".

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Re: Says I have to attempt to retrace my steps to continue 2nd day.

Post by JFR » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:44 pm

Just wanted to touch base and let you know that I have seen your question and passed it up the line. I have never seen that message and have to confess that I haven't a clue what it means. Hopefully, Wolfschadowe or Kexter will have a better response.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:01 pm

One thing occurs to me. Are you playing on-line or standalone?

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:43 pm

LariatQ wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:55 pm
Message said that I broke the "recap".
Basically, what that means is that I missed a path when coding the recap and it confused the game. You hit upon some combination of activities that I didn't think of. It's not anything to worry about on your end and the game is fine along with your playthrough. You can safely exit the recap and continue playing.

It would be helpful if you could file a bug report and attach the debug file to that report, or try sending me the debug file via PM (either attach, or copy/paste into a spoiler.) I'll take a look when I get into the bug-bash phase of the next episode. :)

Valerielychee
Dinner Patron

Post by Valerielychee » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:48 pm

I experimented the same thing several times and already filed a bug report about it on February 25, but I think it's a little bit more than just a specific path broken in the recap, as I have the feeling that it concerns all the endings of the strip club with Natalie "bending the rules" (at least on the path beginning with Brad going to the strip club bar, I did not check yet for the path beginning on the sofa), and I do not recall that such was the case before ep. 7 (but I may be wrong as I don't have a good memory)

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Valerielychee wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:48 pm
and I do not recall that such was the case before ep. 7
The entire recap got overhauled for EP7, and the overall problem could be as simple as a misplaced comma (easy fix, hard to find.) Or a check on one path could have a typo jumping the game logic over to a different check that isn't valid. An example would be jumping from the Strip Club path to look at the Bar path which would fail for nearly obvious reasons. :)

Since the whole thing was overhauled, it means that something that used to work is now broken, and the cause is probably a simple typo. Finding the location of that typo, however, can sometimes be tricky, especially if it's something like a missing comma "," or a comma in place of a semicolon ";"

Valerielychee
Dinner Patron

Post by Valerielychee » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:15 pm

Well if it helps, it seems the "broken thing" is just after this recap indication: "Unfortunately, when Natalie came, it made your pants too wet for her to continue rubbing against you. Luckily, she found a creative solution by removing the offending cloth that was causing you to chafe." The recap seems to be consistently broken after this, whatever happens then (caught by the bouncer - giving in to temptation - cumming - breakfast or not breakfast)

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:28 pm

Actually, that helps a lot, because it identifies the exact function to me that is causing the problem. :)

Valerielychee
Dinner Patron

Post by Valerielychee » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:48 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:28 pm
Actually, that helps a lot, because it identifies the exact function to me that is causing the problem. :)
Glad to help :)