Bug with tracking what happend at the 1st day, after taxi scene

Download the game, or support requests. Also a link to the bug tracker.
p22

Bug with tracking what happend at the 1st day, after taxi scene

Post by p22 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:52 pm

The end day scene is supposed to reflect what happened during the day. Version 1.7.2.

After the taxi scene, there is a dialog (without spoiling much I would just say "jacket"), that ends encounter abruptly. But end date slides describe a lot of other stuff happening, which is untrue. Not only that, but next day comments that Brad had great time with Emily, which is impossible, since bar route was not taken.

Please let me know, if you need more info...

EDIT:
Same happens with another dialogue (hint: hug) that also leads to abrupt ending.

p22

Re: Bug with tracking what happend at the 1st day, after taxi scene

Post by p22 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:22 am

Additionally, I broke the recap on separate occasion when encounter finished with the fight.

This is scenario when n1taxi=1. It is not covered in ending slides for 1st day, leading to broken recap.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:13 am

The recap is difficult to troubleshoot with limited information. Best thing to do is to file a bug report at https://bew.rocks/bugs

When filing the report, attach a copy of the game debug file which you can get from the Menu -> Options -> Generate Debug File

The debug file resets on game loads or new games. That means it's best to have a debug file from game start, but from the start of the scene that is reporting wrong in the recap is ok. In this case, the more info, the better.

The debug file is just a text file that list of the path taken in the game, and the variable states, but it is incredibly useful for troubleshooting problems.

p22

Post by p22 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:27 pm

Straight playthrough from start to the issue?

Not gonna happen, it is a really long sequence and I play with frequent save/reloads. Plus there is minuscule chance to actually reproduce exactly same choices.

Would saves help (with current flag info). Or replaying choices from specific point in the game? Actually let me do that...

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:35 pm

A debug file starting from just before the recap is helpful, especially with a general description of how you got there. The more information collected in the debug, the more helpful, fast and easy to find the error, but even a short debug is better than no debug. :)

p22

Post by p22 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:49 pm

Added debug info in bugs 219 and 220.

Issue #219
Issue #220

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:01 pm

Thanks p22! Appreciate the help!