Tablet users (iOS this time)

Download the game, or support requests. Also a link to the bug tracker.
Emmdoz

Tablet users (iOS this time)

Post by Emmdoz » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi, recently played bew on playforceone and really enjoyed it. Can only play on ios. Have read the other topic, but is difficult to understand as i am not using android. Unzipped file using several apps but failed to open them in another browser. When I did and opened the unzipped file in those particular apps they Showed the image of the three women in a black background with a white silhouette and the coding with several errors underneath, as mentioned in previous topic discussion. Any help pls. Thanks

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: Tablet users (iOS this time)

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:39 pm

Emmdoz wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:30 pm
When I did and opened the unzipped file in those particular apps they Showed the image of the three women in a black background with a white silhouette and the coding with several errors underneath,
I don't use iAnything, anymore, and haven't for many, many years, so I'm partially guessing here; however, the error you are describing is commonly seen by running the game from an opened zip file instead of an extracted zip file. iOS and even some later versions of Windows allow you to open and browse a zip file as if it's a standard folder on your computer. iOS in particular forces you to do this by default. If you are browsing an opened zip instead of extracting the files, and try to run the game you will see the type of behavior that you are describing. iOS in particular try's to make it "easy" for you and in doing so makes it harder to know when it's doing something wrong.

I've heard that on many iOS programs, the extraction option is buried in menu's, and not the default option, but I don't have a lot of personal experience on that. So, in summary, especially when using an Apple product, make sure that you are extracting the zip file to a separate folder, and not just browsing an "opened" zip file.

Of course...everything I described could be completely wrong to your situation, but it's my best guess about what's happening. :)

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Like Wolfschadowe, I do not use "i-anything." I can say, however, that trying to run the game without actually extracting it first is the single most common help request we get.

One clue - when you "run" the game and receive an error, are you clicking or selecting anything other than "Start.htm"? If the download package has been properly extracted, there will be a definite "Start" link. Any other file with throw an error.

Emmdoz

Post by Emmdoz » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:16 am

Ok thanks! I am certain that there is a start htm link there and i tap on it every time. However i think you are right about the opening zip files rather than extracting them. I will search for a suitable app. Will update u guys as soon as i do. Once again thanks!

sponky76

Post by sponky76 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:53 pm

Does iOS actually even allow you to extract files somewhere?
Haven't used it much either lately, but from what i remember you were totally locked out from the file system.
But i suppose you can extract files somewhere even if you can't browse them....
*thinks iOS is a pain in the neck os*

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:24 pm

sponky76 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:53 pm
Does iOS actually even allow you to extract files somewhere?
Haven't used it much either lately, but from what i remember you were totally locked out from the file system.
But i suppose you can extract files somewhere even if you can't browse them....
*thinks iOS is a pain in the neck os*
It requires a separate app, which they are more than happy to sell you through the App Store. ;)

Seriously, I did some research and found that there are free zip viewer apps available from a variety of sources.

http://recomhub.com/blog/how-to-unzip-f ... in-ios-10/

macman135

Post by macman135 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:41 pm

Native file system access is included with iOS 11. Either install Public Beta 8 or wait until next week.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:49 pm

macman135 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:41 pm
Native file system access is included with iOS 11. Either install Public Beta 8 or wait until next week.
Thanks. And welcome.