Patron access only partially working

Download the game, or support requests. Also a link to the bug tracker.
Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Patron access only partially working

Post by Tao Dude » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:55 pm

Hi,

Not really a gripe, more of a question: I have just upgraded my Patreon subscription from Beer to Lunch in time for the next Episode, but my access to the Patron Forums seems to have a glitch. I was half expecting not to be able to access the Lunch/Dinner Forum until the payment for the episode is taken, but I appear to have lost my write access to the Coffee and Beer forum, although I can't be sure that I have posted in that forum yet.

I do, however, have access to the Discord server, which I was definitely not expecting until the first subscription is paid, so it's swings and roundabouts really.

Best,
Tao

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Re: Patron access only partially working

Post by JFR » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:03 pm

Did you send a PM to Wolfschadowe reporting your change of status? He has to make changes manually.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:14 am

Tao Dude wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:55 pm
I have just upgraded my Patreon subscription from Beer to Lunch
I have updated your account and sent a PM confirmation.
JFR wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:03 pm
Did you send a PM to Wolfschadowe reporting your change of status?
As JFR said, it's required to send me a PM with your Patreon name so that I can link the forum ID to the Patreon ID in my records. It's all a manual process for the forum. Periodically, I do a long cross-reference process to check and sync things up, but it is always best to just send me a PM and I'll look into it, usually within a day if not sooner.

You will know that your Patreon account is active when your username turns Orange (Standard) or Dark Orange (Elite). Also, for Lunch and higher, you will earn a rank tag equal to your patronage.

If you are a patron, and your name is still blue here, be sure to send me a PM with the information and I'll sync things up for you. :)

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:14 am
Tao Dude wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:55 pm
I have just upgraded my Patreon subscription from Beer to Lunch
I have updated your account and sent a PM confirmation.
JFR wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:03 pm
Did you send a PM to Wolfschadowe reporting your change of status?
As JFR said, it's required to send me a PM with your Patreon name so that I can link the forum ID to the Patreon ID in my records. It's all a manual process for the forum. Periodically, I do a long cross-reference process to check and sync things up, but it is always best to just send me a PM and I'll look into it, usually within a day if not sooner.

You will know that your Patreon account is active when your username turns Orange (Standard) or Dark Orange (Elite). Also, for Lunch and higher, you will earn a rank tag equal to your patronage.

If you are a patron, and your name is still blue here, be sure to send me a PM with the information and I'll sync things up for you. :)
Thanks for that. I did read that i needed to do that when i first became a Patron, but it slipped my mind when i upgraded.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:15 pm

Tao Dude wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:34 pm
but it slipped my mind when i upgraded.
No worries. The last half of my message was targeted as a reminder to others who may have donated and forgot to notify me of an update, and see this thread looking for a solution. :)