tags disappearing

Download the game, or support requests. Also a link to the bug tracker.
JFR
BEW Community Manager

tags disappearing

Post by JFR » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:46 pm

This is likely also attributable to the changes to the forum software, but now I am seeing tagged content acting strangely. As an example, text and images enclosed in "spoiler" tags are not being hidden in the spoiler block. Now I see all of the text being displayed along with the [/spoiler] tags. The "spoiler command" is not firing, just appearing as part of the text.

This doesn't seem to be a major problem but does render the "spoiler" tagging feature unusable for now. Other tags, like color and font, seem to be working normally.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: tags disappearing

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:50 pm

Thanks for letting us know! We'll look into it.
spoiler: show
Confirmed.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:53 pm

One more data point - I tried it in another browser besides Chrome. Firefox is behaving the same way.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:20 am

Additional problem just noted. All the CC videos and other rewards in the patron forums are showing as locked. Refresh used to fix that but now nothing! Not a major problem as the "Vault" is still working normally. Just thought I'd give you something else to puzzle over with the site changes.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:31 am

Yep, the [/Vault] and [/Spoiler] Tags are broken after the updates. We're working on them as we get time. Everything is available directly from the vault as JFR noted, but the Vault Links are stuck as locked.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:19 pm

"Vault" and "Spoiler" tags seem to be working again as of Feb. 3.

Of course, now some of the images are icon-ed out again but that is easily dealt with by opening in a new tab.

"It just goes to show that it's always somethin'." (-Roseanne Rosannadanna)

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:23 pm

Ok, I don't know if it is just me again but SOME of the "spoiler" tags are missing - again. For example, in "Game Hints," the "Emily Corruption" thread, I put some of my comments early on in "spoilers" but they are now visible. Not all such tags are missing, just some - seemingly at random.

This is confusing as I don't know of you are making more changes or if it is a problem at my end again. :?: :?:

Crane
Not-so-Newbie

Post by Crane » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:21 pm

It`s not just you JFR, i think it`s a general issue. It`s the same for me too.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:31 pm

I'm not aware of any changes in the last few weeks that could cause this to reappear. I think custom spoilers aren't working. Custom spoilers are those that had spoiler="whatever"