Browser or Bug?

Download the game, or support requests. Also a link to the bug tracker.
mnz777

Browser or Bug?

Post by mnz777 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:28 pm

I'm currently in game playing Ep. 6, I found that when pressing back on my browser and hit refresh once, it will go back to my previous scene and by hitting the choices, again, increases my relationship by 1. And this can be repeated.

Eg, - Actual relationship points before 'back and refreshing page': 8
- Points added after refreshing and clicking the choices: +1
- Points after previous action: 9
; and will keep +1 each time the action is repeated.

is this considered cheating for me? haha. But seriously, i had to mention this because it could have been a pain if I was far in game and this happen. An extra point could slightly differ or trigger changes in game. this is only my thought, if it doesn't then ignore this post. Thanks

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: Browser or Bug?

Post by Wolfschadowe » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:53 pm

Hitting the back button should not be permitted by the game as it can break the game, although some browsers ignore the game's request to disallow the back button.

What you are describing will break the game. It's not just a matter of relationship points going up, but also the game will lose track of progress, path progression, path status, and event toggles. So someone who uses this method to raise score may also find that they have a date with Natalie, when they never even met Natalie, or other odd game states.

kexter
Developer / Moderator

Re: Browser or Bug?

Post by kexter » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Wolfschadowe wrote:Hitting the back button should not be permitted by the game as it can break the game, although some browsers ignore the game's request to disallow the back button.
The game never disables the back button as that is considered bad etiquette. I'll look into a possible solution for this issue.