Chromebook

Download the game, or support requests. Also a link to the bug tracker.
Jambi

Chromebook

Post by Jambi » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:37 am

I've got a chromebook and consistently get an error after clicking "start.htm" - the whole zip file extract on chromebook has confused the crap out of me. Any help?

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: Chromebook

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:57 am

Jambi wrote:the whole zip file extract on chromebook has confused the crap out of me. Any help?
Yeah, chromebooks seem to make it even harder than doing it on a Mac. That's saying something. :)

Check out this article on unzipping files on a chromebook. That should help, and once done, you should be able to play the game from the unzipped files.http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/ ... omebook/2/

Hope that helps.

Jambi

Post by Jambi » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:03 am

Is there any chance the updated version will be available online like it is at playforceone.com?

Thanks for doing what you do!!

Jambi

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:26 am

Jambi wrote:Is there any chance the updated version will be available online like it is at playforceone.com? ...
It looks like Wolf has signed off for the evening so I'll take a crack at your question. I'm sure he will be along eventually to correct any of my mistakes. I don't know if we can expect him tomorrow as it is a pretty busy family holiday for those of us in the states.

I am not completely sure of your question but if you are looking for the latest version (episode) of the game, it is found in the link directly above titled "Download Brad's Erotic Week (updated September 22, 2016.)" From the main game menu, the version number is 1.6.4, found in the lower right corner. The next update is not expected until January or February. We don't have a firm date yet.

I don't understand your reference to PlayforceOne but if you are looking for a way to play completely on-line, without using the game on your local computer, that function is available here for patrons. You can get some of those features by selecting "Enable Online Features" from the main menu.
Last edited by JFR on Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:26 am

JFR wrote: playforceone.com?
Two sites are authorized to host BEW in an ad-supported fashion. Playforceone.com is one, and the gamcore.com constellation of sites is another. This is primarily because the owners of those sites asked nicely. We provide updates versions to the site owners, however they are under no obligation to actually install the update.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:08 am

Ok, so I thought you were in for the night. :oops: I wouldn't have jumped into your help thread otherwise. Hope I didn't steer the fellow wrong.

I guess I still don't understand the issue. Is the Playforceone link a pure on-line game like our BEW.rocks/play, which is available to patrons? If so, and if they don't update as needed, I can see where that would be frustrating for users.

At any rate, it seems he has found the right place to get the latest version. Getting around the "Chromebook problem" would help, too. That looks like yet another example of the tech companies making things "better" for users. :roll:

Have a good Thanksgiving holiday. We understand it might be difficult this year and will understand if you are otherwise occupied Thursday.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:38 pm

Ok, I looked at the playforceone site and may see the point of the question.

On the opening Main Menu screen there is a flashing button to "Download Episode 6." If that is the question, then yes the version you download here will have a "reminder" on the Main Menu, visible when you start the game IF you play with "On-line Features Enabled." Of course, there is no reminder now since there is no newer version to download.

As a side note, it is kind of odd to see that old Main Menu screen still in use. The one with Brad pointing at the vase. :lol: