Ep 6: Save Games Won't Load

Download the game, or support requests. Also a link to the bug tracker.
edog29

Ep 6: Save Games Won't Load

Post by edog29 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:13 pm

I just downloaded Episode 6 and unzipped it. When I try to start, I can see all of my previous saves in the Load Game menu. However, whenever I try to load any of these save games, I get sent to the "You have reached the end of the available content. The story will be continued in a future episode. Try starting a new game to find other storylines!" page.

Any ideas how to fix this? Can I import my saves, and if so, where do I find them?

Thanks,
edog29

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Re: Ep 6: Save Games Won't Load

Post by Wolfschadowe » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:21 pm

Not all of the paths continue. Only the movie date, and the meeting with Azumi continue. All the others will come in future episodes. It's my guess that you are loading savegames from those other paths.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:24 pm

Welcome aboard. :)

Just at a guess, did you save all or most of your previous save-games at the end pages of episodes, where all of the choices are for future content? Most of those story lines are still at the end, awaiting future releases.

There are only 2 story paths available in the new release. If you did not have a save for one of those, there won't be anything new to continue in E06. The two new paths start at a.) Brad's apartment bedroom after work on Thursday, where he is about to call Azumi to talk about arranging a 3-way with Natalie and b.) Brad's apartment after work on Thursday, where he is about to leave to pick up Emily for the movie/dinner date they arranged at the office.

If you don't have one or both of the two listed above in your save-game file, then you have nothing new to play from your saves and will need to start from an earlier point. Hopefully you have some intermediate saves, such as starting work on Thursday morning or somewhere in the bar or strip club scenes on Wednesday night.

EDIT: Oops. Typing at the same time. :)

edog29

Post by edog29 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:33 pm

Hmm, the plot thickens.

I have a lot of saves, and some of them are pretty early on, like day 1 at the office stuff. I can't load any of those games.

Turns out there's only one save that I can load: the one at the end of the strip club immediately before I go out with Natalie.

But nothing else loads.

edog29

Post by edog29 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:33 am

Anyone have any ideas how to solve this?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:53 am

I am out of ideas. I've never seen that behavior but seem to recall something about a few folks having difficulty loading E05 saves into E06. I think this is one for Wolfschadowe or Kexter. I expect one or the other will be looking in at this tomorrow. Hang in there.

kexter
Developer / Moderator

Post by kexter » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:20 am

edog29 wrote:Anyone have any ideas how to solve this?
Export your saves and PM me the generated file so I can take a closer look at the state of your saves.