Installing the game?

Download the game, or support requests. Also a link to the bug tracker.
Rossan78

Installing the game?

Post by Rossan78 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:31 pm

Hi!
I understand this might look like a silly question, but how do you actually install the game? I downloaded the latest episode I extracted the files. Know I don´t know what to do there are a lot of javascript file but when I try to click on them I just get an error message (Microsoft Jscript runtime error). Do I need to install something else first?

Your help would be much appreciated!

/Rossan78

kexter
Developer / Moderator

Re: Installing the game?

Post by kexter » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:44 pm

There should be a "Start.htm" file in the main directory where you've extracted the game. Double-click that and it should start.

Rossan78

Post by Rossan78 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:10 pm

Thanks will look for it

finloop

Post by finloop » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:19 pm

I extracted the file after downloading it but how to install it

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:52 pm

finloop wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:19 pm
I extracted the file after downloading it but how to install it
If you have actually "unzipped" the download file into a directory folder of your choice, there is nothing more to install. The extraction process will leave you with a folder named "Assets", another folder named "Files," a "Readme" text file and a "Start.htm" file. On my system, the "Start" file defaults to an icon for my default browser. Just double click the "Start" button and the game should open. I find it is more convenient to move a copy of the Start icon to my desktop so I don't have to search for the game each time.

If you are having trouble with the extraction process or starting the game, it would help to know what device and OS you are using and how you went about "extracting" the download file.