Download Brad's Erotic Week (Updated Dec 20, 2017)

Download the game, or support requests. Also a link to the bug tracker.
azzclown

Re: Download Brad's Erotic Week (Updated Dec 13, 2017)

Post by azzclown » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Microsoft won't let me open the file,some type of error

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:09 pm

azzclown wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:04 pm
Microsoft won't let me open the file,some type of error
Which file? And how are you trying to open it? Have you unzipped it?

As Wolfschadowe mentioned, there should be no need to use patch 1.6.4. If you install the latest version 1.7.3, it contains all previous versions and patches. It must be extracted before use. In Windows 10, right-click on the archive file and select "Extract All."

azzclown

Post by azzclown » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:59 pm

tried extracting and no new start icon

azzclown

Post by azzclown » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:08 pm

I went back through posts from the past to find where you walked me through the process the first time and could not find it. Hate to bother you,because I know you are busy

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:28 pm

azzclown wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:59 pm
tried extracting and no new start icon
Please give us the name of the file you are trying to use. If you are trying to extract a patch file without the game already in place, you will not see a start icon. The patch must be added to a game you already have. Do not try to install an older patch like 1.6.4 to a newer game like 1.7.1.

Look at the Main Menu of the game you have been playing. In the lower right corner of the screen it will show you which version of the game you have. If it is 1.7.x, then the patch you should use is Patch 1.7.3. If your game is older, like 1.6.x, then you should probably just install the new full game.

To install a patch, just put the patch file in your current game folder, next to the start icon and other folders. Extract the patch and let it overwrite files as necessary.

It might be better to just download the full game file rather than the patch anyway. Then put the file in a folder of your choice and right-click/extract all. That should give you the newest version of the game. Before doing that, be sure to go into your current copy of the game (the one you have been playing) and "Export" (from the Main Menu/Options) your saves and achievements. After installing the new game file you can then use the "Import" command (also in Main Menu/Options) to import your saves and achievements to the new game.

azzclown

Post by azzclown » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:56 pm

bacon (2)zip

azzclown

Post by azzclown » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:07 pm

where can I find download?

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:19 pm

azzclown wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:07 pm
where can I find download?
In the first post of this thread. "Download the full game ------------ Version 1.7.3"

Follow this link to that page. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16

SharkTHC

Post by SharkTHC » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:51 am

Wolfschadowe wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:22 pm

It looks like a false positive, although since Kexter and I are the authors of the file, I can understand if you doubt our word on it. :)

I'd ask if any others have seen this please to speak up so we can investigate further if there is a problem on our end.
I believe you.
I just found it strange, since there was never any problem in previous downloads.
Unfortunately, the problem persists in my system. Not only does windows defend, but kaspersky has also identified.
What is going on in my system? Very strange it.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:28 am

SharkTHC wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:51 am
... What is going on in my system? Very strange it.
If you figure it out, please let us know. It would help if someone else has a similar problem. :)

kexter
Developer / Moderator

Re: Download Brad's Erotic Week (Updated Dec 20, 2017)

Post by kexter » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:58 pm

Patch 1.7.4 is out. The links, as usual, are in the first post of this thread.

This patch does not include any gameplay related fixes. It fixes a few minor UI issues and includes some additional minor engine fixes. The main change is that the translation files are now loaded on demand. What this means is that if you play only in English then the data for any additional translation will only be loaded if you actually change the language setting of the game. Previously, all locales were loaded during the startup of the game. This should very mildly improve the initial load time of the game which might only be noticeable on mobile devices.
Also of note is that the Italian and Spanish locales have been updated, thanks to NickNKVD and moskys.

The list of changes is as follows:

Code: Select all

FIX: Only load locales as needed instead of loading all of them at startup.
FIX: Annoying fade-in effect when navigating the menu on the start page.
Updated Italian locale.
Updated Spanish locale.
Various minor fixes.

Tao Dude
BEW Tester

Post by Tao Dude » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:46 pm

azzclown wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:12 pm
I have a loading error on 1.6.4. Error loading file;http;//update.bradserroticweekrocks/bacon.js?r=454
I had a shortage of bacon a while back, but Wolf fixed that. Can't remember the details, but it is in the 'Wot, no bacon?' thread.

Conversely, i had no problem with the latest patch from my Norton or Windows defender, and my Norton has been very aggressive recently with indie games delivered as .zip and .rar files. I temporarily disable Download Intelligence when unpacking archives with games in, as i have had several games (not BEW) quarantined.

JFR
BEW Community Manager

Post by JFR » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:30 am

kexter wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:58 pm
Patch 1.7.4 is out. The links, as usual, are in the first post of this thread.
The only obvious effect I have noticed from installing this patch is the game starts up a bit quicker. It snaps to the Main Menu faster, which is what Kexter mentioned would happen since the language files are not loaded by default. The other improvements are not so apparent.

As always, just download the patch and copy it into the game folder which contains the Start icon. Extract All 'Here' and say "Yes to All" to allow the new files to overwrite existing ones.

Fancycandy

Post by Fancycandy » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:38 am

I've downloaded this and the patch, but I can never get past the second evening. It always says more content to come. Doesn't E7 go much further? What am I doing wrong on the download?

Thanks!

I'm playing on a Mac and when I start up it says I have the latest version.

Wolfschadowe
Site Admin

Post by Wolfschadowe » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:28 pm

Hi Fancycandy,

I came to fix a problem with the forum and saw your message. Apologies for the long delay to get back to you. Episode 7 ends at the second evening. Most of the latest content was added to the first evening with Aumi and Natalie. The game is in process of being "rebooted" which will come eventually. There is no Episode 8 until the reboot.